PDA

View Full Version : Hunting the trail area

russm
09-23-2014, 11:05 AM
Just curious if there's anyone that has some experience hunting around the Trail area, it looks like my dads gonna be at a job there for most of October if not all so I'd be able to crash at his hotel and hunt while he's working, just curious if the area holds much in the way of critters I've never been out that way, any sort of info you guys could give me to break my streak of getting skunked would be much appreciated.

Stone Sheep Steve
09-23-2014, 11:20 AM
High population of hardcore hunters in Trail...but they do well.

SSS

russm
09-23-2014, 11:24 AM
Hardcore hunters or road hunters? Lol is their much of a whitetail population I'm hoping to get a couple does for the freezer....

Ride
09-23-2014, 12:52 PM
Both, have fun.

Brez
09-23-2014, 03:22 PM
Come on up and shoot a few. We don't have many but they've opened it up for the ones that are left. It's also open for bears and there are lots of them. Turkeys are all over the place, so there's them, good area for elk as well. Grouse and rabbit numbers are up. Good luck finding muleys, though. A few ducks/geese along the river. Bring a fishing rod. Best kept secret is the fishing. Great rainbows, walleye, and pike in the river and some bull trout in the lakes. Just have to get out and find your pockets to hunt.