PDA

View Full Version : Looking for guidance on car only roads within 2 hours of Hope

Ruffed
09-22-2014, 04:59 AM
My situation has changed this year and I only have a low '97 Camry available to me. I'm not looking for honey holes. I just don't want to damage the vehicle. I'm willing to hike. Any ideas on what roads are in good condition that might get me up higher.

Thanks for your help,

Henry

MRP
09-22-2014, 06:03 AM
Sorry I missed your local in the header.. Need a bigger phone.

Pioneerman
09-22-2014, 06:08 AM
He is asking for roads with in 2 hrs of Hope so would assume he lives in Hope BC

caper321
09-22-2014, 06:46 AM
Go to whipsaw creek in princeton. I drove all over that place for 5 or 6 years with my chevy cavalier
before i could finally get a truck. I drove through roads made in the woods and everything. Only once
going up a steep hill coming out of a side road made through the woods when it was very wet
I got stuck. I cut some christmas tree branches, made a path, and away i went. ;-)

Iron Glove
09-22-2014, 09:09 AM
2 hours from Hope will easily get you up the COQ where you can access Lawless, Tulameen River FSR and others. Take it easy and slow and you should be OK.
The new road which heads up to the Coal Mine above Coalmont is like a Highway
Alternatively head up to Tulameen and up Rabbitt Mtn.
Carry a decent spare or two, the rocks in the area are sharp. Don't ask how I now.
Either way find a cut block, park and hike.
Son has lived in Princeton or 10+ years and some of the POS cars he has driven over those roads would make your Camry look like a SUV.

M.Dean
09-22-2014, 10:10 AM
I used to hunt deer with a Datsun Wagon many moons ago, after a couple good trips, I learned to take a small tarp to cover the rear area where the dead Deer went, a gal or two of water, rag's, paper towel, even a bar of soap doesn't hurt! Then, after that car smelt like something died in it, I bought a truck!!! Dam near died in the truck quite a few times I might add! Good Luck!

adriaticum
09-22-2014, 10:19 AM
You can get on most roads. Just drive it.

Iron Glove
09-22-2014, 10:54 AM
Do like Adriaticum does, drive down the main street of Tulameen and shoot poor little wabbits. ;)

Ruffed
09-22-2014, 08:49 PM
Thanks for your replies guys. That gives me something to go on.

Henry