PDA

View Full Version : Moving to the loops

Kid Hunter
09-21-2014, 09:45 PM
Hey all, I'm gonna be moving up to kamloops from the lower mainland next weekend and I'm just looking for a bit of direction around town as to some general areas to get out and look for some animals and get out and do a bit of fishing and hiking as well. Probably will be getting out lots in the first week or two I'm there as I'll be searching for work and waiting for replies and all that. I'll be up in bachelor heights, so that side of the river would be preferred. Thanks guys!

Jagermeister
09-21-2014, 09:53 PM
Lac Du Bois, watch out for jelvis. He's on the warpath.

250 sav
09-21-2014, 09:54 PM
start right out the back up lac dubois, samill tryfishing pass' tranquille etc

Grousedaddy
09-22-2014, 07:50 AM
Wake up at 4 am put your binos on westsyde road and watch the line up of trucks heading out to jamieson .... Then start your truck and follow haha all kidding aside pic a direction and go your in kamloops...

4 point
09-22-2014, 08:29 PM
Lots of directions to go around the Loops for mule or whitetail and moose thou 2 points are hard to find like everywhere. Get off the roads walk, look, listen and sit a while. I find very early in the day the best with afternoon till dusk second. Of course you can see them anytime.

luckofthedraw
09-22-2014, 10:27 PM
Welcome. You'll enjoy. All kinds of hunting all around.

Kid Hunter
09-23-2014, 12:30 AM
Thanks a lot guys! I'll be sure to put some miles on the boots and see what I can find. Definitely excited to do some hunting in a different type of landscape/terrain like kamloops. Should be great!

Steelpulse
09-23-2014, 01:32 AM
Game everywhere in every direction, just pick what you want to hunt and go, some areas have much better chances at some game than others we have very diverse areas all very close to town