PDA

View Full Version : Searching for a Hunting Mentor

Jackstay
09-21-2014, 06:53 PM
I have come into this sport because I feel there is something missing in my life. Something primal that I was meant to do as a man. I believe, short of going off to war to defend your country, that void to be filled is hunting. As this is more of a job interview than a humble request I will talk a bit of myself.

I am 27 and moving to Vancouver after I finish my season paving in Fort McMurray (end October). I studied mechanical engineering and economics during my time at university. I have a strong penchant for learning and generally believe only true knowledge can be attained under immense pressure. From that pressure a skill is developed and a better man is formed. Quitting is never an option. I am very fit physically as a result of my job and have been a semi-professional athlete during my days sailing competitively in Ontario. I deeply enjoy challenges and going where others cannot and achieving what others cannot. During my childhood I spent most of my time in the forest behind our house or out camping. It was a very liberating experience and made me feel, for lack of a better term, at peace. Whenever I did go camping however, I seemed to view myself more of a visitor than being apart of the wilderness. With hunting I will become apart of the ecosystem rather than some suburban observer donned in MEC gear. I hope to get that sense of peace back by committing myself to hunting.

The kind of hunting I would like to do is unknown, as I have never done it before. I am attracted to fair chase as I see it as the most honest. I want to stalk an animal, kill it, harvest it, and eat it. Learn all that is necessary to do it well, then spend my life mastering those skills.

Thank you for consideration. PM me if you are interested in taking me under your wing. I truly look forward to becoming engaged in this sport and speaking with you all for years to come.

Best,

Jackstay

Ruffed
09-21-2014, 07:18 PM
Very well said. You'll get some responses on here.

Jackstay
09-22-2014, 06:53 PM
Very well said. You'll get some responses on here.

Thank you very much. I am quite excited to start hunting.

Best,

Jackstay

Darksith
09-22-2014, 07:48 PM
aren't we all...Im still searching for that old timer that has hunted around my area his whole life...I wealth of knowlege and honey holes that need to be passed on...I bet I have a better shot at winning the lotto though

4 point
09-22-2014, 07:58 PM
Darksith I might be your "old timer" who has hunted round here for years and years. Some knowledge I have and share but not yet ready to give up honey holes. Some nephews and maybe a grandson or two to share with.

sarg
09-22-2014, 09:22 PM
pm sent :)