PDA

View Full Version : Superman moose

srupp
09-21-2014, 05:38 PM
Hmmm many moons ago...went out with a young hunter for moose just at day break still enroute a young bull wss standing at the rds edge the young hunter dropped the gift bull and since it was still early and cool we took the hide and head and legs all in one cape.when finished we hung the head and hide over an appropriatly place leaning log.
A week later we were driving by and the head..hide was in rough shape..on closer inspection there were now 100 rounds peppering the hide head..

I guess we got the hide at the correct height angle ...must have been a lot of surprised hunters at the superman moose..
Steven

Drache
09-21-2014, 05:41 PM
We did that for a friend his first time hunting. My brother and I took a bear hide and draped it over a log. Then we told him we seen a bear in the area. He still hasn't put two and two together :D

We did take him out and get him his first live bear later that day :p

IronNoggin
09-21-2014, 06:03 PM
Back in the late 60's, my Gramps owned a large hay meadow adjacent to the highway. Although well posted, there were always problems with folks shooting into that block, and a couple of cattle woundings as a consequence.

My Uncle was the local Game Warden, but didn't really want much to do with the situation of monitoring the meadows.

So, Gramps took a couple sheets of plywood, cut them to shape & size, dressed them with appropriately colored shag carpet, and mounted a good set of six point elk antlers on the "head".

At the end of the hunting season, there were over 250 bullet holes through the plywood back. Gramps drug the whole thing into my Uncle, saying NOW to you understand the problem?? The next two years saw over a dozen convictions each of folks firing from their vehicles at the same (patched up) decoy. Kinda wondered how many of them had actually suckered into the exact same thing the year before...

Word got out, no more issues...

Cheers,
Nog