PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Help - LEH Bull Moose for 5-15b

astryx
09-20-2014, 07:44 PM
Hi,

Due to a series of unfortunate events, I have lost the three people who I was going to head to 5-15b to try and tag a moose.

I cannot and will not go alone.

If anyone is interested in a quick trip (LEH expires Sept 30), let me know.

Drop a message here or email me at astryx@gmail.com

I am a newish hunter (3 years), but an experienced outdoorsman.

tigrr
09-20-2014, 10:11 PM
5-15 a I would have been along. 5-15 b between the two arms of Quesnel lake tough to get too. Not so much.

srupp
09-20-2014, 11:17 PM
Hmm that draw also I cludes the B rd from Mathew river falls towards the Bowron..Barkerville..that is accessable by vehicle...I believe..
Srupp

astryx
09-21-2014, 11:55 AM
You get in the area from Barkerville.

The area is all the say up to Sandy Lake. Ghost lake is also included.

The area is easy to get to and well maintained by FSRs all the way through.

I have good maps and have been told where to go ... just need someone to go with.

srupp
09-21-2014, 03:04 PM
Hmm I guided there for moose and grizzly for Ghost Lake outfitters..faster coming in through 150 mile house..likely cunningham pass rd.
I would however packing for alberta hunt in a couple days.
Cheers
Steven

astryx
09-22-2014, 03:52 PM
Thanks

Looks like I can go up for a few days and hope I get lucky.

junkyard_g
09-23-2014, 12:19 AM
Just bring lots of rope and a pulley when by yourself. Dealt with many big Gmae animals by myself. If you're not comfortable de-boning and packing an animal out you can simply indian-quarter (excuse the non pc term, just dont't know another term) and drag out with a strap wrapped around you and fetch the backstraps leaving the rib cage and spine in the field. A quarter without the spine and ribs is quite manageable by an average sized guy.

limit time
09-23-2014, 01:53 PM
Bring a bear tag, I've seen some HUGE black bears back there.