PDA

View Full Version : The Pristine Coast: A documentary about our declining pacific salmon stocks

North Arm Knives
09-19-2014, 06:59 PM
A good friend of mine, Scott Renyard has made a documentary about pacific salmon and the impact of fish-farms. Its premiering next weekend at the Vancouver International Film Festival. Thought some of you may find it interesting!

If you like the trailer vote for it at the VIFF's website below if it wins it'll play at the closing gala and help raise awareness for this issue!

Website: http://juggernautpictures.ca/films/the-pristine-coast/

Vote on the VIFF website: http://mustseebc.viff.org/index/index/id/23

Ozone
09-19-2014, 07:10 PM
Got to the front page and seen alex and realized its probably just full of crap, so why waste my time.

winchester284
09-19-2014, 07:12 PM
That could be your problem.... Assuming something before you've examined it...

SeaScene
09-26-2014, 11:17 AM
Great work Alex. You are great. People like you mean more fish and more game something most on this forum would not find too hard to grasp. The BC coast and forests are being industrialized, urbanized, degraded. Fight on Alex and all others like you.

Ricky Bobby
09-26-2014, 11:59 AM
Poor Ozone, so upset that his industry of screwing wildstock is getting highlighted? But at least some international corporation can take advantage of our resources...

Ozone
09-26-2014, 03:27 PM
Poor Ozone, so upset that his industry of screwing wildstock is getting highlighted? But at least some international corporation can take advantage of our resources...
First, were I work isn't screwing anything up. Look at the numbers since salmon farming has begun here, they have only been getting better. Second, Im not upset about anything, Just not about to waste my time reading about a wingnut environmentalist. She is right up there with Suzuki.

adriaticum
09-26-2014, 03:35 PM
I have to say with the numbers of pinks and sockeye in the past few years I'm re-examining my memory banks that stored Alexandra Morton's reporting as relevant.
While I do agree that wild salmon are on the decline in some areas, I'm not sure that salmon farms are a worse contributor than logging, development and simple over harvest.