PDA

View Full Version : Cooey 600 Info

PointMan
09-16-2014, 04:37 PM
I've got a Cooey 600 that was given to me, it's in pretty good condition, and after some research, I've figured out how to remove the bolt for cleaning, etc, but that's it. Anyone have any more info on this thing? I know it's just a bolt action rifle with a tube magazine, but the bolt seems a bit odd to me. Hard to explain, maybe the bolt on the bottom of the tube needs adjustment, not sure. A pdf manual would be really helpful, but can't find one anywhere.

PointMan
09-16-2014, 07:04 PM
The one small problem that I can't figure out is, the bolt is really tight coming back, feels like there's pressure on the bottom of it. It moves smooth on return and moving it back and forth, but gives me some trouble only when pulling it back to cock it. I've played with the tension between the magazine stud and magazine, to see if there's a sweet spot in there, but nothing really changes. Also, if I were to hold the trigger and open the bolt, it will drop right back without any issue, I'm stumped.

landphil
09-17-2014, 08:04 AM
Do you have the magazine follower inserted when pulling the bolt back? If not, put it in, try again. Is the magazine tube straight and kink free at the front guide loop area? If all good there, I suspect something is amiss at the trigger/sear area, of course, pretty hard to be sure over the internet.

Alec
09-26-2014, 09:44 PM
I guess that you have that 600 fixed by now. The magazine tube has to be free to move when the bolt is opened and pulled back. The bolt also pulls a cam-like piece to lift the next cartridge up into the extractor hooks on both sides of the boltface. Be sure that the follower assembly (the part that pushes the cartridges) is in the magazine, even if you are not using any ammo, so the feeding components are all held in their appropriate positions.

PointMan
09-27-2014, 12:32 PM
There are drag marks on the bottom of the bolt, my guess is the sear is slightly out of alignment, at a glance it looks like it's bent slightly to one side, not sure the best way to straighten it.