PDA

View Full Version : migration update kamloops

Steelpulse
09-16-2014, 09:43 AM
Wondering in any kamloops duck hunters have seen much in the way of migration happening we have just seen the local ducks move in at first light then that iis about it, but have still managed 44 ducks, mallards, greenwings, bluewing, pintail, bufflehead, goldeneye, the hunting has been great.

I'd give it a couple weeks before we see ducks actually moving a lot more though.

Got a couple snipe for the pot as well, ill have to wait for my brother to Post a picture of one of them

Sofa King
09-16-2014, 09:45 AM
yup.
I'm seeing ducks and geese coming through.
remote ponds that haven't had anything in them are now filled with ducks.
and fields are covered with geese in the evenings.

B-rad
09-17-2014, 09:32 PM
Lots starting to come through the flyway from shumway lake through the valley up and over stump down to the ducks unlimited ponds before nicola lake,,,,,,,lots of geese just starting to hit nicola lake now,,,,,mostly green wing teal,,,blue wing teal,,,,seen small flocks of cinnamon teal,,,,and as usual ,,,,wigeon,,gadwall,,mallard,,shovellers,,and few flocks of pintail,,,,not to many divers movin yet just the occasional flock of goldeneye,,buffleheads and the coots are starting to get a little antsy,,,,,,,,,,,as far as the river corridor,,,not to much,,,,,mostly resident mallard,,widgeon and few greenwing teal,,,,,and seen small flock of 5 wood ducks,,,,and resident geese are really starting to hit the fields hard