PDA

View Full Version : *******S tried to steal my QUAD !!!!

Quince
09-14-2014, 10:07 PM
A$$holes tried to take my quad from parkade in Burnaby. They were driving a new Ford expidition SUV. Both white, female was blonde. Crappy security video(TRying to upload) but be on the lookout. They were spooked by an old lady and took off.

Sofa King
09-14-2014, 10:27 PM
where were they gonna put it?
pieces of shit.
damn crackers.

Quince
09-14-2014, 10:39 PM
Just fixed flat on trailer, tried to take it and the quad. Never thought id be safer storing the quad in surrey at a buddies house!!!

itsy bitsy xj
09-14-2014, 10:39 PM
What part of burnaby are you in?

Quince
09-14-2014, 10:40 PM
Central, 8 Rinks Area. Hopefully the cops will pull the plate and facepics off the video survellance. 2nd time this year, neighbour lost a dirtbike 2 years ago too....... anyone know where to get bean bag shotgun shells?

BlacktailStalker
09-14-2014, 11:06 PM
Sounds like you need to block your trailer and pull the tires (or one anyways) Less than 5 min to put on, might save you some grief.

itsy bitsy xj
09-15-2014, 08:11 AM
anyone know where to get bean bag shotgun shells?

You can shoot a shot gun there your way to close to the police station, get a paintball gun. After you shoot the a@@^&Oles and you call cops it will be easy to identify them " s&^*bags covered in paint)

Ovis17
09-15-2014, 08:43 AM
You need to look at buying a small GPS tracker. http://www.popsci.com/article/gadgets/put-these-quarter-sized-gps-trackers-everything

About the size of a quarter. If it gets stolen you will know exactly where it is.

Quince
09-15-2014, 10:09 AM
I like it!! But where do you go to actually buy one??

ruger#1
09-15-2014, 11:12 AM
London Drugs had one called, The Snitch.

Sofa King
09-15-2014, 11:33 AM
London Drugs had one called, The Snitch.

I've mentioned these before.
anything that people are overly worried about, they should be applying one of these.
then, gather as many of your fellow HBC'ers to go visit the new owner to retrieve it back.

Glenny
09-15-2014, 11:36 AM
I like it!! But where do you go to actually buy one??

Think I saw them at crappy tire.

Quantafer
09-15-2014, 04:23 PM
Garmin sells one as well. I'm glad the clowns got scared off by the little old lady :)

BUCKJR
09-16-2014, 08:02 AM
great for trail cams! I'll have to look into these further!

M.Dean
09-16-2014, 10:22 AM
London Drugs had one called, The Snitch. Smith and Wesson also makes one, it's called the "Dead Thief" I think, comes in quite a few different shapes and sizes too!!!

laredo318
09-16-2014, 01:30 PM
You can shoot a shot gun there your way to close to the police station, get a paintball gun. After you shoot the a@@^&Oles and you call cops it will be easy to identify them " s&^*bags covered in paint)

If you do this...mix in a few pepperballs....they are available as well.
Glad you kept it...buying the older lady flowers are you???

Quince
09-16-2014, 02:07 PM
My cat attacked her dog...that was after the whole quad thing. Probably better step it up to a bottle of wine now.

jamfarm
09-16-2014, 09:30 PM
Just wondering, would those GPS tracking devices really work?

I say that cause a few years ago some rat broke into our hockey change room at planet ice in Coquitlam, they crawled above the t-bar ceiling from an adjacent washroom. He stole a bunch of phones and some of them had the GPS / find my phone thing activated and we saw that the phones were in north van. I drove by the next day to see where they were pinging and I couldn't tell exactly which apartment building they were at.

I know a quad or a sled is bigger than a phone to hide but would the cops even try getting access to a parkade or garage if you had one of those things and it was indicating where the stolen item was? Or would the cops be more interesting in giving out speeding tickets somewhere?

Sofa King
09-16-2014, 10:14 PM
My cat attacked her dog...that was after the whole quad thing. Probably better step it up to a bottle of wine now.

don't forget the condoms.

Spy
09-16-2014, 10:30 PM
Just fixed flat on trailer, tried to take it and the quad. Never thought id be safer storing the quad in surrey at a buddies house!!!

don't forget the condoms.
Lol he did not say she was a cougar ;-)

Big Buck Killer
09-18-2014, 05:46 PM
Just a thought on the paintball suggestion. Perhaps keep half the paintballs in the freezer to give them an extra lesson in hurt!!

Sangstercraft
09-18-2014, 06:44 PM
I haven't seen the retreivers for sale before. But I did buy a SPOT Trace in the spring, and put it in my boat. Every day I get a text with it's location (At marina) and when it moves, I get a text with the new location and a map.

Around 100$ for the unit, plus maybe 50-100$ for yearly subscription fees. WORTH IT.