PDA

View Full Version : Wrote my core now what?

knothead
09-14-2014, 08:21 PM
So I wrote and passed my core today and I know I saw a thread on here somewhere that had instruction on where the to go to finish the process. I know there is two places, one to give me a certificate saying I passed the course and another to give me my license. I believe one was in Maple ridge and the other in Langley some where. I tried a search for core but what seemed to be hundreds of threads came up. I hate to seem like a lazy bugger :wink: but I was hoping to do this tomorrow so don't think I have time to go through them all, is there someone out there that can help me out?
Meanwhile I will keep reading and hope to find what I'm looking for.
Thanks in advance for your help, Knothead.

.30-06 camsavbc
09-14-2014, 08:27 PM
You have to wait until the BCWF sends you your core certificate. When you get that then you take it to a Service BC office (not Service Canada). They will give you a BC Hunter #. Once you have a Hunter # then you can buy a Hunting License.

knothead
09-14-2014, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the info 30-06. I could be wrong but I was sure I read a thread here that gave two addresses that you could go to and getter all done in one day?

nano
09-14-2014, 08:34 PM
I just went did this with my brother, take the results paper with you to the bcwf office in surrey . The address should be on the bottom of the results sheet. For them the will give you a print out and will give you the address to service bc. At the service bc center you will get a hunter number card and if you like you can buy your licenses and tags there. So in the end you can walk out of service bc all ready to go hunting.

cwall
09-14-2014, 08:38 PM
If i remember correctly from 2 years ago I took mine to to bcwf branch in surrey

101-9706 188th Street
then just went over the bridge to maple ridge to the service bc location there and did it all that day

.30-06 camsavbc
09-14-2014, 08:41 PM
The BCWF sends the certificate out pretty quick. Without that you cannot get a BC Hunter #. When you take your core certificate to Service BC and get a Hunter # then you can also buy your Hunting License there or at a outdoor store. Your Hunting Licence comes with a bunch of blank species licences. When you want to lets say hunt for black bear then you go to your favorite outdoor store where you buy your gear or ammo, go to the service desk or til and ask for a species license for black bear. They take your money and fill out the first species license, put a decal on it and now you have a black bear species license or "tag".

.30-06 camsavbc
09-14-2014, 08:44 PM
I live on Vancouver Island so I did not have that option but the rest is the same. Sounds like one day shopping for you!

knothead
09-14-2014, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the help all, I'm off to get legal tomorrow! Great site, been lurking for a couple of weeks and seems to be full of tons of info and I'm sure great people. Maybe see some of ya in the bush this year! I will be sure to post my successes and maybe even some failures :-D Cheers!
Knothead.