PDA

View Full Version : Wildlife Defence League, Tommy Knowles, 24

emerson
09-14-2014, 09:53 AM
He was a deckhand on the Sea Shepard campaign, #2man on a RIB, now he calls himself a "navigator". Handsworth High School in North Van. Don't know family backround or how he supports himself besides web donations of "trekking gear" and vegan food. Any more to this organization besides a slick website with almost no real info on it? Starting with "stopping" the grizz hunt; now apparently active in road blocks.

Wrj
09-14-2014, 01:21 PM
His twitter account has a short video, and they have publicly said they will try and interfere with hunts. Even my wife said, "one of these activists is probably going to get shot." Hopefully it doesn't happen, but these people are complete wingnuts for the most part..."SAVE THE WOLVES!!!" DUMMIES!

emerson
09-14-2014, 01:30 PM
He is affiliated with Sea Shepard personally, but is there any more to the Defence League than him? Who did the website? Who handles the League's monetary donations and accounting? Is his family well off? How does he pay his rent, or live with the folks? Are there facts that would call his credibility into question if they were widely known? Where did his family money come from? He feels we are evil for our eating habits, perhaps we need to research where he is coming from personally and "professionally". Follow the money, get the truth.... I don't have the connections to do this, but others can, I'm sure. These things start small, but become large NGOs.

bearvalley
09-14-2014, 01:43 PM
The Greenies in the Spatsizi country.
Round 2.
Somebody put on the popcorn maker. It's going to get western.

Spy
09-14-2014, 01:54 PM
Perfect this will be short lived, lol another tune-up coming, maybe a grizz gets him!

emerson
09-14-2014, 02:03 PM
I find it interesting that because the blockade of industry was ineffective, the local native organizations then chose to blockade resident hunters, who might well actually be on the same side, against industrial development. It almost seems like the natives are being used by the "whites" for their own ends yet again. I wonder if it gets old holding a caucasion hand yet again, when the goal of the southerners is the remove hunting and meat consumption from the lives of the locals. Being taken advantage of for politics has to get old after a while.

BigfishCanada
09-14-2014, 02:30 PM
Yesterday when they overtook a legal mining operation they were packing rifles......

russm86
09-14-2014, 03:54 PM
Yesterday when they overtook a legal mining operation they were packing rifles......

Sounds to me like they have declared war...

Spy
09-14-2014, 04:25 PM
Natives can hunt for food but resident hunters can't? ???? WtF sounds like this dumbass has other agendas!

pmj
09-14-2014, 11:47 PM
I think there is something to look into here.
Of the 3 (Sue Brown, Tommy Knowles, Rod Coronado), I could only find info on one.
Rod Coronado the "Wildlife Conservationist" is a former ALF leader (Animal Liberation Front). Also associated with ELF (Earth Liberation Front). Spent 4 years in prison in 1995 for arson attack on a Michigan research lab. In jail for felony conspiracy released in 2008. Mr Coronado is at the end of this video clip from 60 Minutes Nov 13, 2005.
Is Mr Coronado here legally? Are eco terrorists permitted to cross the border from the US into Canada? Is he working here with correct paper work?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyLcmtwk0xQ

They have an interesting "business" plan.
"During Operation Great Bear, we will document, monitor and expose the trophy hunt in British Columbia, all while abiding by international conservation law. We aim to raise further awareness about trophy hunting while building a photographic and video portfolio of the campaign to present to concerned individuals, city council and government."
"We're trying to raise $10,000 by September of this year in order to purchase a Toyota 4Runner, communications equipment and camping gear. The Toyota 4Runner will allow us to follow hunters up logging roads. Communications equipment will help us stay in contact with each other and with media. Camping gear will enable us to stay in the field and on top of hunters for extended periods of time."

EvanG
09-15-2014, 02:48 PM
look on youtube for a show called bullshit by Penn aqnd teller, pretty good series. watch the episode on Peta they expose coronodo pretty good.

EvanG
09-15-2014, 03:05 PM
seeing as that tommy Knowles guy is from north Vancouver and he clearly has ties to the alf I wouldn't be surprised if he had something to do with this event http://bc.ctvnews.ca/north-vancouver-fur-company-vandalized-1.563722

I believe there was a more recent one as well.
can anyone comfirm where this is going on?

emerson
09-15-2014, 08:09 PM
Glad to see folks digging into this. Anyone have any "counter terrorism" connections to point at this crowd?

squamishhunter
09-15-2014, 09:25 PM
Sounds to me like they have declared war...

I'd worry about them on my claim, but you gotta hike to get there.

BigfishCanada
09-15-2014, 09:54 PM
On the claim they went into, it was a long hike, then they posted on facebook that the RCMP were attacking them with snipers??? In the videos of them hiking in you can see them packing, and they will do whatever is necessary to do as they please. Tommy even states it in a video when he was up north stopping Japanese whalers? I do not view these guys as peaceful protestors like the claim in many propaganda videos they make. Be very careful if approached and do not trust they are nice kind and gentle..

squamishhunter
09-15-2014, 10:19 PM
Yeah, haven't had really any issues on the island. Probably wouldn't go over well.