PDA

View Full Version : Where would you go?

JIL_24/7
09-12-2014, 11:43 AM
Hello All. My wife has decided to be awesome and let me go hunting next week and I'm trying to formulate a plan. I can leave Sunday after church and have to be back Thursday afternoon. If you had this time frame where would you go? I'm thinking anywhere within 3-4 hours or less of the Lower Mainland. I would love to try some elk hunting, but in reality whitetail is probably more realistic. Getting a whitetail buck in the freezer for the family would be a great way to start the year and take pressure off the coming months. I guess I'd just like to maybe explore some new areas that hold decent animal populations. I'd also love any advice on early season whitetail hunting. Feel free to PM me if you don't want your honey hole to be seen by everyone :).

sawmill
09-12-2014, 12:56 PM
Your wife has decided to let you go hunting????Skip church,leave early Saterday and drive to the E.K.God will understand.Don`t know about the ball and chain though.

Weatherby Fan
09-12-2014, 01:01 PM
Go to any alpine in area 8 or 3 and hunt the dark side( north and east) of the hills as its really hot still.
Have fun !

tikkahunter
09-12-2014, 01:36 PM
As said above, go high. Really high. I was at 6500' yesterday, and it was still 25 degrees. If you have an option to push it off a week, that's what I'd do.

Sofa King
09-12-2014, 01:37 PM
Go to any alpine in area 8 or 3 and hunt the dark side( north and east) of the hills as its really hot still.
Have fun !

it's not that hot up in the hills though.
it's getting a bit warm in the heat of the day still, but it's so damn cold at night that it takes a lot of the day to heat up and then it's already cooling early again.
I just finished freezing my butt off two nights ago, and that was in the Thompson/Okanagan region.

JIL_24/7
09-12-2014, 01:38 PM
Your wife has decided to let you go hunting????Skip church,leave early Saterday and drive to the E.K.God will understand.Don`t know about the ball and chain though.

I'm the pastor and I have to preach on Sunday, although, if I made a video............................................. .......................

Sofa King
09-12-2014, 01:40 PM
postpone church til next weekend.
give them study material and tell them there's a test when you get back.

adriaticum
09-12-2014, 01:41 PM
If you really want whitetails your best bet is to sit on the Crowsnest and drive if for 4 hours.
You will end up in the land of the whitetail.

Weatherby Fan
09-12-2014, 01:56 PM
it's getting a bit warm in the heat of the day still, but it's so damn cold at night that it takes a lot of the day to heat up and then it's already cooling early again.
I just finished freezing my butt off two nights ago, and that was in the Thompson/Okanagan region.

sissy...........

Sofa King
09-12-2014, 01:58 PM
sissy...........

no man, the windows were solid ice in the morning.
the beers that were in the truck with me were ice cold still the next evening.
I slept tucked down at the bottom of my sleeping bag.

monasheemountainman
09-12-2014, 02:01 PM
x10 skip church and leave bright and early

Weatherby Fan
09-12-2014, 02:02 PM
no man, the windows were solid ice in the morning.
the beers that were in the truck with me were ice cold still the next evening.
I slept tucked down at the bottom of my sleeping bag.

Im just teasing buddy........no worries

Singleshotneeded
09-12-2014, 02:35 PM

On the 7th while we were letting my son's 3 point chill out in Pennask Creek, it got up to 23C in the early afternoon. That's at the top of the Connector... I'd hunt up high for sure...

HarryToolips
09-12-2014, 02:46 PM
Anywhere in region 3 up high is where I'd be goin for a 4 hour or less drive, though like was said another 4 hours and your in great whitetail country of region 4..

Sofa King
09-12-2014, 02:55 PM
On the 7th while we were letting my son's 3 point chill out in Pennask Creek, it got up to 23C in the early afternoon. That's at the top of the Connector... I'd hunt up high for sure...

it changed quick then.
I was up there on the 10th and 11th.

hunter1947
09-13-2014, 05:07 AM
If me I would hunt the Princeton area or Cache creek. ..

Surrey Boy
09-13-2014, 06:05 AM
Cache Creek, and north of there, is a ton of fun to hunt.

Hope you do well.

Kami
09-13-2014, 08:03 AM
Princeton area. Elk is open. 6 pt or bigger bulls Sept 10 to Oct 20. They are there. get up high. Whipsaw comes to mind. Way up the Whipsaw. Good chance it'll be cool at night, with glorious sunny days. Not sure when they start singing in that area, I expect a little later than Peace region where things are starting to heat up real soon.

hunter1947
09-13-2014, 08:46 AM
Princeton area. Elk is open. 6 pt or bigger bulls Sept 10 to Oct 20. They are there. get up high. Whipsaw comes to mind. Way up the Whipsaw. Good chance it'll be cool at night, with glorious sunny days. Not sure when they start singing in that area, I expect a little later than Peace region where things are starting to heat up real soon.

Good advice X2..

Darksith
09-13-2014, 09:41 AM
spences bridge or clearwater...B&C bucks all over the place there

Darksith
09-13-2014, 09:42 AM
As said above, go high. Really high. I was at 6500' yesterday, and it was still 25 degrees. If you have an option to push it off a week, that's what I'd do.

was -7 around kamloops on thursday morning...its not that hot out anymore