PDA

View Full Version : Best road hunting strategies....

Ltbullken
09-11-2014, 10:45 AM
Is this one of you guys?

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=31921&title=hunt-stand&cat=500

monasheemountainman
09-11-2014, 10:50 AM
I thought I made it clear that I didn't want my picture on the internet

Ltbullken
09-11-2014, 10:56 AM
I just wanna know where to hit someone up for a beer...

adriaticum
09-11-2014, 10:58 AM
I swear we have a snitch in the government leaking information about my movements to the deer when the season starts.

GotaGun
09-11-2014, 11:20 AM
He's doing it wrong. Beer should be in a cooler - what a rookie..

Weatherby Fan
09-11-2014, 11:25 AM
He's doing it wrong. Beer should be in a cooler - what a rookie..

yeh and one of those lawn chairs with a beer holder on one side and a rifle holder on the other so's you don't have to get up !

warnniklz
09-11-2014, 12:24 PM
Roll down the windows, crank the metal, foot to the floor.

Pass evrryone on the road... they may be headed to your secret spot. And park at the end of the road and block it off. That way people will know there's someone down there and won't disturb you.

Iron Glove
09-11-2014, 12:39 PM
Crap, there goes my favourite spot. :icon_frow

sawmill
09-11-2014, 01:42 PM
If you drive slow you don`t see much.Drive 90K on your way to work though..............

Singleshotneeded
09-11-2014, 01:46 PM
yeh and one of those lawn chairs with a beer holder on one side and a rifle holder on the other so's you don't have to get up !

One of those really high Harris bipods on the rifle could let you shoot from your lawn chair if you spot a buck late in the morning and you're too drunk to get out of the chair or even move much... :-D

Fisher-Dude
09-11-2014, 01:53 PM
Roll down the windows, crank the metal, foot to the floor.

Pass evrryone on the road... they may be headed to your secret spot. And park at the end of the road and block it off. That way people will know there's someone down there and won't disturb you.

Shhh! People will learn the secret of my success!

Was talking to the CO a couple of years back, apparently he had talked to some guys who were pissed at a "dark-coloured Duramax" that blew by them in the dark early that morning. Those guys were at 8 km on the FSR main, toddling along at 20 kmh in the middle of the 2-lane road, while I was going to 62 km on a spur by daylight. I guess they figured they could dictate to everyone else the pace to access about 1,000 kms of roads.

Lead, follow, or get outta the way! Better get yer ass outta bed early and have a lotta HP and torque to be first!

Papa Sasquatch
09-11-2014, 02:09 PM

Was talking to the CO a couple of years back, apparently he had talked to some guys who were pissed at a "dark-coloured Duramax" that blew by them in the dark early that morning. Those guys were at 8 km on the FSR main, toddling along at 20 kmh in the middle of the 2-lane road, while I was going to 62 km on a spur by daylight. I guess they figured they could dictate to everyone else the pace to access about 1,000 kms of roads.

Lead, follow, or get outta the way! Better get yer ass outta bed early and have a lotta HP and torque to be first!
I find that you often have great wisdom ... today is a good day!

NorBC
09-11-2014, 03:34 PM
You also need a matching tattoo to go with your giant camo browning sticker on your truck. Pretty much the law...

albravo2
09-11-2014, 03:44 PM
Not much beer, must be late in the season when there is only a few hours of shooting light.

But seriously, after 8 days of moose-less (but otherwise awesome) mud and muskeg on our early moose hunt this August I gave some serious thought to hanging out by one of those moose crossing signs on the Alaska Highway.

GoatGuy
09-11-2014, 04:15 PM

Coming from the king of the road himself.

werent you the guy whining about buttshot scaring away "2 pts" on bear main a couple years ago..... You were putt, putt, putting when he blew by

BlackwaterMerc
09-11-2014, 06:57 PM
What a great picture. Thanks for the laugh

f350ps
09-11-2014, 07:11 PM

werent you the guy whining about buttshot scaring away "2 pts" on bear main a couple years ago..... You were putt, putt, putting when he blew by
Don't screw up his story with facts, you know he hates that!! Hahahahahahaha..........K

warnniklz
09-11-2014, 07:15 PM

everyone forgets torque... or their toque

ruger#1
09-11-2014, 07:16 PM
That isn't FD. He only drinks Bud Lite long necks. Then throws the emptys at signs and cars.

Singleshotneeded
09-12-2014, 02:25 PM
Not much beer, must be late in the season when there is only a few hours of shooting light.

But seriously, after 8 days of moose-less (but otherwise awesome) mud and muskeg on our early moose hunt this August I gave some serious thought to hanging out by one of those moose crossing signs on the Alaska Highway.

Call them...make moose noises! I'll bet you're walking right past some!

Singleshotneeded
09-12-2014, 02:28 PM

I sympathize with ya, FD, a couple of times I've popped out to shoot a road chicken and some twit flies by and scares away my lunch! :-)

HarryToolips
09-12-2014, 02:48 PM
LOL too funny

Drillbit
09-12-2014, 03:44 PM
He's facing the wrong way.

Should be looking down the road so he can dump the mag as they run across.

Fisher-Dude
09-12-2014, 04:15 PM

Pfft! I was parked, loadin' up my biggest magnum to put a hole in that 2 point, when Buttshot ripped by at 100 km+, scaring the 2 point off the sidehill and into the thickets. Bass-turd!

He had just been thru a CO roadcheck, so no wonder he had 'er pinned! Get outta the area before the CO sees the stack of empty red'n'whites in the back of the truck!