PDA

View Full Version : Guided Stone's Sheep Hunt for Residents

bcmulie
03-10-2007, 11:45 AM
Thought you all might like to know that the Wild Sheep Society will be auctioning off a 14 day guided Stone's sheep hunt at its banquet and fundraiser in Kamloops the evening of Saturday, March 24. The hunt is donated by Stone Mountain Safaris (www.stonemountainsafaris.com (http://www.stonemountainsafaris.com)) and is available only to BC residents. More details are available on the Society's website (there's a news release on the home page) at www.wildsheepsociety.org (http://www.wildsheepsociety.org). The website also has details about the banquet (click on the "AGM" link in the top right corner of the home page) and you can order tickets on the site as well.

I know there's a few sheep hunters on this site given the number of current sheep-related posts. This may be an opportunity of a lifetime for some lucky hunter.

Gateholio
03-10-2007, 12:27 PM
I think a buddy of mine is guiding for them this year..Hmm..maybe I'll bid on it.:lol:

bearheart
03-11-2007, 11:35 AM
Does anyone know which camp the hunt will be done from? thanks.

Will
03-11-2007, 12:08 PM
Well considering that Hunt advertises for $ 26,500.00 US.

I wonder how the Wife would feel if I remortgaged the House and placed a Bid.........:lol:

Better be a Dam Tastey Sheep ! :-?

Best of Luck to the Lucky Bidder 8)
http://www.stonemountainsafaris.com/photos/photo2.jpg

BCrams
03-11-2007, 12:57 PM
Will -

I saw that ram. He was shot by Joel Bedgood of Texas on opening morning. Just squeaked into B&C at 171/172 or there abouts. It was their best ram of the season in 2000.

Stone Sheep Steve
03-11-2007, 01:14 PM
I'd have no problem shooting that "squeaker" opening morning!!:roll:

SSS

Will
03-11-2007, 02:25 PM
Will -

I saw that ram. He was shot by Joel Bedgood of Texas on opening morning. Just squeaked into B&C at 171/172 or there abouts. It was their best ram of the season in 2000.
That's Cool ! What A Cranker :o

Just happened to spot the pic on thier site......thought it might generate some interest in the Auction.......:lol:

Stone Sheep Steve
03-11-2007, 04:27 PM
So could this be the way of the future for G/O's????
G/O's feeling the pinch of lost tags trying to figure out a way to supplement their loses?? It doesn't cut into their tags and if they feel that their area could give up another ram or two without much consequence, why not???

SSS

brno375
03-11-2007, 04:53 PM
Very nice ram.

I do not think I would pay to be guided, but I would pay to be packed in and out.

boxhitch
03-11-2007, 06:26 PM
SSS - I believe the hunt package is a donation to the WSS, which will auction it as a fundraiser item for the Society
So it gives SMS some good PR, and costs them a ram (maybe) from their area. Knowing what resources go into a hunt like this, this is no small contibution.
This type of donation goes on all the time, at such functions as fundraisres for various chapters of FNAWS, GSOvis, SCI, and GOABC, but this has to be a first for the benefit of WSS and a BC resident.

boxhitch
03-11-2007, 06:29 PM
Very nice ram.

I do not think I would pay to be guided, but I would pay to be packed in and out.
Check with Jeff at Steamboat Mountain Outfitters, for a hunt in a good 8-)
area.
http://www.nbctourism.com/members/Steamboat_Mountain_Outfitters

brno375
03-11-2007, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the link Boxhitch, but for sheep I have to wait another 2 years.

boxhitch
03-11-2007, 07:08 PM
Does anyone know which camp the hunt will be done from? thanks.
Does that matter ? Nothing has been specified, probably a last minute decision, based on availability of guides/camps.

srupp
03-11-2007, 07:32 PM
nice photo of the ram Will..now how the heck am I supposed to sleep ???KEEP COUNTING SHEEP...RINGS...lol

Steven

Stone Sheep Steve
03-12-2007, 06:05 AM
Boxhitch-I'm aware that these types of VERY, VERY generous donations have been going on dating back to near the beginning of the WSSBC and I applaud them for it. It wasn't my intention to take away from their generous offer. I guess I get lazy on the keyboard sometimes:redface: .

I should have stated so and made a separate point that if other G/O's feel the pinch with the new changes that they may need to adapt to survive. I'm sure most would be torn with the idea of guiding residents to rams but if it helps to keep them afloat..........all the better.

SSS

BCLongshot
03-12-2007, 06:15 AM
SSS...Nice Ram by the way in your pic. I always start getting glazy eyes when I see it.

Dale

boxhitch
03-12-2007, 06:51 AM
I should have stated so and made a separate point that if other G/O's feel the pinch with the new changes that they may need to adapt to survive. I'm sure most would be torn with the idea of guiding residents to rams but if it helps to keep them afloat..........all the better.

SSS
I agree, they will have to do whatever it takes to keep the cash flowing. I doubt they discriminate against any paying customer.
Some may adapt, in an effort to keep costs down. I suspect there will be a few more 'backpack only' hunts going on soon. And at a price that rivals Desert Sheep. Supply and demand.

Gateholio
03-12-2007, 09:44 AM
I wonder how much this hunt will go for? I am interested to see what a resident will pay for a sheep hunt. I can't ee them paing $25 000 US!:lol:

Stone Sheep Steve
03-12-2007, 10:06 AM
I would expect it would go for close to $10G. Depends on if there are two people or more that want it. Could go for a lot cheaper if there's only one serious bidder.
Let the bids begin!!

If someone wants to bid on it but are unable to attend you can usually arrange to do it over the phone(for all you guys with $ and no time:| ).

SSS

boxhitch
03-12-2007, 10:41 PM
I say this in jest, means no offense
If its the regular crowd, of Joe Schmuck resi rednecks, I say $10 K.
But now that word is out, I suspect Grandpa Deeppockets may roll in to buy the Last Chance sheep hunt, at a bargain. $15-18 K.
But then the Shyster may appear, who will try and buy this for his 'uncle' in 'Richtown' who has a Florida accent. $21,250.00

Gateholio
03-12-2007, 10:45 PM
It stipulates BC resident only- presumably to keep it form being flipped to a non resident for profit. :)

boxhitch
03-18-2007, 06:50 PM
Time is getting near for this shindig. If anyone knows of someone who may want a steal of a buy on a guided hunt, this may be the best opportunity ever.

Gateholio
03-18-2007, 07:18 PM
Time is getting near for this shindig. If anyone knows of someone who may want a steal of a buy on a guided hunt, this may be the best opportunity ever.

Hey! I'm checking my bank statement right now!:lol:

Kechika
03-18-2007, 07:48 PM
"Guided Hunt" Pfffffft do it yourself is the only way.8-)

brno375
03-18-2007, 07:52 PM
It stipulates BC resident only- presumably to keep it form being flipped to a non resident for profit. :)

...and to keep it off their quota.

Gateholio
03-18-2007, 07:53 PM
Hmm, yes, that too. Makes sense, really.:lol:

Kechika
03-18-2007, 08:04 PM
Maybe I should get "Hammered Up" and Bid on it?:lol:

Gateholio
03-18-2007, 08:08 PM

Do it...8-)

Kechika
03-18-2007, 08:09 PM
Ill be the guy in the Gawdy Brown Suit.

WoodOx
03-18-2007, 09:57 PM
Should make a table for huntin BC chaps so we canall meet one another... I for one only know (face to face) two people on here!

Gateholio
03-18-2007, 10:05 PM
I am the fantastically good looking one...8-)

brno375
03-19-2007, 12:37 AM
I'll be the guy next to the guy wearing the gawdy brown suit and big black shiny helmet, ordering vodka sodas with lime for Stone Sheep Steve for good luck. In the interest of all, I will do my best to keep the whiskey away from Mr. Furley.

WoodOx
03-19-2007, 09:41 AM
How formal are these events usually - ive heard answers from casual all the way to a trappers convention wearing suits?

Gateholio
03-19-2007, 10:57 AM
I assumed they woudl be somewhat casual, but I can bring my suit if need be..I barely get to wear it these days!:lol:

Elkhound
03-19-2007, 11:27 AM

Don't do it man. You worked on that street corner for 6 mos to pay off your last rifle purchase, a guided sheep hunt will wreck you for life.:lol:

boxhitch
03-19-2007, 03:03 PM
How formal are these events usually -?
Some folk wear big cowboy belts, some suspenders, some ties
Some wear all three. You decide.

Kechika
03-19-2007, 04:24 PM
Don't do it man. You worked on that street corner for 6 mos to pay off your last rifle purchase, a guided sheep hunt will wreck you for life.:lol:
:lol: I could insert a"Your Mother"joke here......but since your a modator now........

Elkhound
03-19-2007, 04:57 PM
:lol: I could insert a"Your Mother"joke here......but since your a modator now........

You leave my mom out of this.....she happens to like living in Surrey:twisted: