PDA

View Full Version : 4 points buck! does that include the tine?

alexboyprin
09-10-2014, 07:08 PM
4 points buck! does that include the tine? Or not? I read the regulations but I am still confuse about that!

thanks for helping!

ruger#1
09-10-2014, 07:14 PM
Brow tines are not counted in four point season for blacktails and muledeer. Not sure about whitetails. Page #5 of the hunting regs.

mikeboehm
09-10-2014, 07:24 PM
The brow tine counts for whitetail not muley or bt

RoscoeP
09-10-2014, 07:34 PM
Like ruger#1 said they are not counted so look at page 5 of the regs and they show a picture of a 3point mule deer and a 4 point mule deer, very easy to understand. I don't think there are any point restrictions on whitetails right now in BC?

M.Dean
09-11-2014, 02:37 PM
6 or 8 years ago I was coming back down the mountain on my Quad, there was a guy and his girlfriend just finishing loading a real nice 4 point Mule Deer buck, they both had smiles from ear to ear! They had quite a story about getting this Mulie, and both told me at the same time about how and where they'd taken the Buck. They'd mentioned that they were going to take it home, skin it and wash it etc, then in the morning take it to one of the local meat cutters in town. I just didn't have the heart to tell them that it was 4 point only late season for Mule Deer bucks, and you don't count the brow tines, but it was a real nice and high 3 point rack! I never did hear how they made out at the butcher, but I'd imagine they phoned the CO's and reported the guy! That's why they have a picture in the Reg's with the different types of racks on the different animals, so you know what's legal and what's not!!!

dust
09-11-2014, 06:25 PM
Mule (Black-tailed) Deer - Four Points or Greater Buck - Means any buck having at least four tines, excluding the brow tine, on one antler. page 5

Darksith
09-11-2014, 09:01 PM
4 points buck! does that include the tine? Or not? I read the regulations but I am still confuse about that!

thanks for helping!
they even show a picture...how confusing is that? I guess you've never bought anything at Ikea...

Singleshotneeded
09-12-2014, 02:14 PM

thanks for helping!

no, does not include tines...

hunter1947
09-13-2014, 05:04 AM
A legal mule deer antlers is Four on top not including the brow tine exclude..

smiley846
09-17-2014, 09:27 AM
As everyone has mentioned, brow tines are not counted on a Muley... only a Whitey. And for the record, what every single American considers a "10 point whitetail" is actually a 5 point. Drives me crazy....