PDA

View Full Version : Tulameen Grouse

huntingtime
09-10-2014, 10:30 AM
I am heading up to Tulameen with the family this weekend and want to get out for Grouse one day. We have not explored the area much yet and am just wondering if any one knows if there are many grouse around.

I see there is a lawless FSR right out of town and will probably explore that area. If not perhaps cook creek FSR?

Thank you.

ItsGrouseTalk
09-10-2014, 11:14 AM
If not Tulameen, you can try the Copper Mountain FSR (?) up behind Coalmont. Always see Grouse & Rabbit up that way

Cookie1965
09-10-2014, 11:16 AM
I'm going up this weekend, you can PM me if you want. I've probably seen more grouse on Lawless and Rabbit this year than anywhere else.

Iron Glove
09-10-2014, 01:00 PM
Spent last week @ our Tulameen dacha.
We did the Coalmont up the hill past the mine, down the new "Highway" then over to Jacobsen Lake trip.
Didn't see much until we stopped at the Vuich Falls look out and saw 3 huge grouse all flushed out by our dogs. I thought the largest one was a Raven.
As it was not yet open season we didn't shoot, and the 44 Mag and 270 Win. probably are not recognized Grouse calibres.
Son lives in Princeton and says he has being seeing lots of Grouse all throughout the Similkameen - Tulameen area.
Cook Creek is nice and close to Tulameen and can be an enjoyable ride.

Cookie1965
09-10-2014, 03:15 PM
Yes Cook Creek FSR is a nice drive and I especially like the name hahaha

nano
09-10-2014, 07:21 PM
I'm going up this weekend, you can PM me if you want. I've probably seen more grouse on Lawless and Rabbit this year than anywhere else.

I will be up there sat and Sunday. If you see a white dodge ram with a HBC sticker that will be me. Stop by and say hi!

6pt_elk_wannabe
09-10-2014, 07:51 PM
Tons of grouse , went up there two years ago and the two of us both filled our limits

Cookie1965
09-10-2014, 08:00 PM
I will be up there sat and Sunday. If you see a white dodge ram with a HBC sticker that will be me. Stop by and say hi!

Silver GMC crew cab short box, on Strathcona. Come by and help me load my dad's lawnmower sunday afternoon lol

Iron Glove
09-10-2014, 08:12 PM

Might be up this weekend, if you see a Blue F-150 on Ford Street with a BCWF sticker on and a spare tire on the left front, courtesy of the infamous "Tulameen Rocks" :( that'll be me.
Gotta do some minor work on the cabin extension for my final inspection ( and to get away from the Wife, the dogs, the cat .................. :mrgreen: ).

Steeleco
09-10-2014, 08:41 PM
Damn Tulamean is going to be one busy town this weekend. You guys concentrate on the small stuff, I'm looking for bears!

Iron Glove, did you let the cat out of the bag? it used to be our little secret LOL

Grumpa Joe
09-10-2014, 09:39 PM
I hear Clearwater is overrun by grouse. huge ones.

Iron Glove
09-11-2014, 07:35 AM
Damn Tulamean is going to be one busy town this weekend. You guys concentrate on the small stuff, I'm looking for bears!

Iron Glove, did you let the cat out of the bag? it used to be our little secret LOL

Nah, I'm tossing out false info - the grouse and the bears are actually all in my back yard now. Damn bears keep pissing off my dogs. :)

huntingtime
09-11-2014, 07:54 AM
Thanks for all the info guys. Looks like I might have a chance at one.

Will have to keep my eyes open for all the different trucks haha.

Cookie1965
09-11-2014, 09:53 AM
Nah, I'm tossing out false info - the grouse and the bears are actually all in my back yard now. Damn bears keep pissing off my dogs. :)

I have quail and muley does in mine, no open seasons :(

huntinnewbie
09-11-2014, 10:00 AM
saw a monster brown phase two weekends ago, to bad he was on the town side of the tunnel by the Subway,lol. We'll be at the cabin, Coalmont looking for grouse but won't say no to a 4 point either.

Iron Glove
09-11-2014, 10:08 AM
I have quail and muley does in mine, no open seasons :(

I really think that Tulameen residents should have a "Residents Only Muley Doe Season". Must be shot within Town Limits.
Sick and tired of one damn doe that hangs around the Rink and the River pissing off my dogs. She stalked us all the way from the Rink to our place once, behind us, beside use, in front of us. Had to leash up the mutts. Think it's the same one that a few years back had my neighbour and her dogs backed up against a tree. There's another thread on here about pistol packing for bear & cougar defence. Screw them, I'm more worried about the crazed does. And drunk ATVers. :mrgreen:
Regulalry see large Grouse on the KVR behind Strathcona. A little too close to civilization for me to shoot.