PDA

View Full Version : region 2-8 blacktail open hunt

takla1
09-09-2014, 03:13 PM
Tomorrow the party gets started for those willy Blacktails,tho seldom seen early on ive got lucky on opening morning.
So tomorrows a day off and im looking for a partner for tomorrow morning....any takers....
takla

bc_buckshot
09-09-2014, 03:35 PM
depends where your going

Wentrot
09-09-2014, 03:51 PM
Hunting or road wiggling?

takla1
09-09-2014, 04:05 PM
have an area in mind in the back woods of Mission ive been lucky in.Will require some 2-5 k's hikeing ,no road hunting.like to get in there around first light.I live in mission and can meet anyone interested

huntingtime
09-09-2014, 04:24 PM
Id be interested if Remington did not still have my rifle for the trigger recall.

takla1
09-09-2014, 04:52 PM
too bad huntingtime,send me a pm when you get your rifle back, it will just get better into mid nov..Any other members interested PM me with your ph. n0. and we can set it up for first thing tomorrow.thx
takla

ianm
09-09-2014, 05:15 PM
I'd love to, but I'm stuck at work. If you're ever looking for a spare set of eyes and hands on weekends or stats, PM me!!

takla1
09-09-2014, 05:32 PM
will do ianm,Im off work just for tomorrow as well but will take some time off work in nov when the rut picks up.Got a nice 2-pt meat buck on open in this area 2 yrs ago

ianm
09-09-2014, 06:46 PM
Beauty sounds great

ramintony
09-09-2014, 10:34 PM
I have the day off going up to sylvester to give it a shot saw a couple bucks there last week so i figure why not but if you got a good place id be interested just a starting hunter going out on my first trip without my dad or grandpa hoping to get something but scared... ive never gutted or shot any big game but excited to!

markomoose
09-10-2014, 02:09 AM
Love to go but I LIVE 5OO MILES AWAY and my chopper is in the shop?Oh well.

takla1
09-10-2014, 05:34 AM
are you up and around ramintony,I will be heading out within an hr or so...let me know thanks takla

takla1
09-10-2014, 05:49 AM
Love to go but I LIVE 5OO MILES AWAY and my chopper is in the shop?Oh well.

no problem mark..long flight anyways..lol...when my kids were young I used to take them up yur way every sept 10 th for open youth hunt around hixon,they always got their deer,and usualt a bear or two to boot.
WEll heading out soon thought thered be more interest on an early hunt here but as usual work can throw a wrench into things. good luck to any heady out today!
takla

ramintony
09-10-2014, 06:28 AM
are you up and around ramintony,I will be heading out within an hr or so...let me know thanks takla
I'm already up here shoot me a call and I'll pick up when I'm in reception if you want 778-899-8934

huntingtime
09-10-2014, 07:51 AM
no problem mark..long flight anyways..lol...when my kids were young I used to take them up yur way every sept 10 th for open youth hunt around hixon,they always got their deer,and usualt a bear or two to boot.
WEll heading out soon thought thered be more interest on an early hunt here but as usual work can throw a wrench into things. good luck to any heady out today!
takla

Good Luck with your opening day hunt. Let us know how you make out.

takla1
09-10-2014, 10:37 AM
well I had a good hike in this morning.was windy tho but nice to get back out hunting after a long yrs wait.There has been some new logging in the area where ive shot blacktails before and judgeing from the tracks in the wet area's the resident doe's are alive and well.Last buck I shot in there was 2 yrs ago with ruger No1 and we had about a 1 mile drag back to the truck.Big buck the yr before was a monster bodied BT 4 by 4,have pics somewhere.
Lots of sign this morning {fireweed/small alder saplings bent over and ends nibbled,doe tracks in the muddy area's}but only thing spotted was a lone cyote.Nice thing about this area is the elevation is up there and it gets snow in there earlier then the lower fraser area Mountains.This time of the season theres a good chance of picking up a young spike , 2-3 point with there mom as they are grouped up but the big bucks wont be aqround till the snow flys .
takla