PDA

View Full Version : 4 Point Mulies 100 Mile Area

NickS
09-08-2014, 04:12 PM
Hey Everyone,
Planning most of a week coming up pretty quick near 100 Mile House for 4 points. It's a good area for Mulies, but I've yet to come across a big 4 pointer. I know they hang out near the highway on farm etc. Does anyone know of any good high traffic game crossings where they might be heading down in the mornings and back up in the evenings.
Any tips or general areas appreciated.
Nick

Ambush
09-08-2014, 04:30 PM
Does anyone know of any good high traffic game crossings where they might be heading down in the mornings and back up in the evenings.

Yes, yes I do. And four other people know some good crossings for big bucks to.

NickS
09-08-2014, 05:15 PM
Yes, yes I do. And four other people know some good crossings for big bucks to.

Well that's excellent.
Is there a chance you might be willing to help me out with any starting points?

mwalter
09-08-2014, 05:43 PM
Haha. It is always the same, I'm coming to town I need a spot please. I think everyday someone asks this. Anybody who has agood spot has worked for it and should for his own sake keep it quiet. Let discovering your own spot be part of the hunting trip. Just factor in that time needed when planning a trip and enjoy it, like a modern day explorer. Success will come eventually. Free info from strangers is lacking adventure and lacking a good story to tell years down the road ,which is the best part of the sport. I am not trying to attack you but please recognize the fun in the whole experience. By the way ig boys are crossing nightly by the dozens 12 km south of Tim hortons at seven each evening.

tinhorse
09-08-2014, 05:44 PM
That's like asking someone to tie one up for you and give the gps coordinates.....lol. Good luck getting that kind of information. My suggestion is look for good animals on the farms. Look for surrounding crown land. Find a trail that they use. Worked in Hudson hope for me.

tinhorse
09-08-2014, 05:45 PM
This time of year look for higher elevation ground.

Ambush
09-08-2014, 07:33 PM
Well that's excellent.
Is there a chance you might be willing to help me out with any starting points?

I'm just trying to tell you, in a light hearted way, that there's not much chance that someone is going to give you the specific info that you are seeking. If someone had "that" spot, they would be sitting on it and then their best hunting partners would be next and so on.

I think Tinhorse gave you the best advice. It can be and is tough to ferret out a prime spot and if you did, would you just give it up to total strangers? Hopefully someone will PM you with some helpful info to get you started on the road to finding a spot. Your best bet is to go to an area that has a good deer population and then walk farther then the 90%.

NickS
09-09-2014, 08:12 AM
You are right,
thank you.

Brian011
09-09-2014, 11:28 AM
Lots of good bucks in every direction around 100 mile, I've grown up hunting aroun there with good success, best advice would be just to go explore and find a place for yourself, lots of logging to check out all over. Go for hikes through some logging areas at daylight and in the evening before dark. There's not any specific area, there are deer in all areas around there.