PDA

View Full Version : Kwatna bay giant grizzlies

srupp
09-06-2014, 02:17 PM
hmmm received a couple photos of 2 separate grizzlies from "Kwatna Bay"...not the usual place one might look for em..but giants both...over 9 foot each...kinda feel that the pressure of constant natives might be the reason for the shift but huntable and bears of a lifetime..

also notice first nations are advertising that if you send in your grizzly LEH for these coastal areas..to them..the natives you will be put in for a draw to win a sightseeing tour for watching grizzlies for 2 days...

would be a pretty good year..hmmmm damn fine year..to harvest a 900 pound coastal grzzly...make sure you have a loving willing wife and a BIG ceiling..lol

cheers

Steven:mrgreen:

hunterkyle
09-06-2014, 02:25 PM
Where's the pictures...... Was in there about 5 years ago and only saw one small boar the whole week we hunted

srupp
09-06-2014, 02:30 PM
hmmmm until the natives moved in success ? was one of the most successful g bear hunts available..depends on when..spring or fall... salmon or not..each hunters ability and yes timing and luck.. ya still had a pretty good hunt ..?
hmmmm over 10 really decent bears have come out of there over last 7 years...
would stii rather be at Kwatna and not get a g bear than surrounded at a Canucks game??

cheers

Srupp

hunterkyle
09-06-2014, 02:42 PM
Lol it was a great hunt we went in a little early I think .

srupp
09-06-2014, 03:07 PM
hmmmm IF you still havnt harvested a G bear..send me a pm with phone number and I will call you for LEH and give you MY MAPS for interior g bear..and help you get set up for the hunt if drawn? lol and I do know some really great areas..

cheers
Steven

srupp
09-06-2014, 03:09 PM
hmmm spring coastal bears may 5th....spring interior bears may 25 till the end..coastal fall bears...they are there now but not in numbers...

cheers
Srupp