PDA

View Full Version : Shared Moose Hunt Question

rcar
09-06-2014, 10:41 AM
Just heading out today to pick up my Moose tag for our group hunt and while reading the LEH document it states at each member of our group must possess a Moose tag.

Does that mean that every member of our group has to have one or only the members who are hunting? We have one member who isn't joining the group. We also have a member who will be with us but will not be carrying a gun. (She wil be providing sherpa duties only). Does she require a moose tag?

Thanks.

moosecamp
09-06-2014, 10:47 AM
Only the people hunting moose need a tag.

rcar
09-06-2014, 11:01 AM
Only the people hunting moose need a tag.

Is my GF considered hunting as she is with us but not carrying a rifle under the group hunt rules?

LBM
09-06-2014, 11:02 AM
Don't quote me but I think all those that applied together for and received the LEH group hunt must have a tag.

Liveforthehunt
09-06-2014, 11:32 AM
No only the ones hunting ... That would make no sense .... Sit at home with a moose tag :p

Steeleco
09-06-2014, 11:37 AM
Only the named individuals that are both on the letter and are actively hunting under the terms of that letter need a moose tag. If a buddy comes along that's not on the letter there's not point him having a tag as it's LEH area only.

LBM
09-06-2014, 01:49 PM
Is my GF considered hunting as she is with us but not carrying a rifle under the group hunt rules?

If your girlfriend applied with you in the group hunt then she must have a tag even if she is just there. If she did not apply with your group then no need for a tag.
Same with your friend that plans not to be there if he applied with your group he must purchase a species license.
Example : Pat, Jesse, Andy, Steve applied together for a group/shared hunt for moose and drew the LEH. They are allowed 2 moose between the 4 of them but all 4 must
have a valid species license even though Steve has no plans of going on the hunt because of a bad knee and Pat has no plans of packing a gun because they have
to walk instead of road hunt.
That's how I read it anyway.
Good luck.

Caretaker
09-06-2014, 02:13 PM
Nope your wrong, only the one's that are going to hunt need have a tag.all four may attend the hunt, but only the ones with a tag can hunt.

BigfishCanada
09-06-2014, 02:20 PM
If shes walking or with you in camp, id have a tag for her. $25 bucks is easier than explaining whatever reason

BearStump
09-06-2014, 02:24 PM
If your girlfriend applied with you in the group hunt then she must have a tag even if she is just there. If she did not apply with your group then no need for a tag.
Same with your friend that plans not to be there if he applied with your group he must purchase a species license.
Example : Pat, Jesse, Andy, Steve applied together for a group/shared hunt for moose and drew the LEH. They are allowed 2 moose between the 4 of them but all 4 must
have a valid species license even though Steve has no plans of going on the hunt because of a bad knee and Pat has no plans of packing a gun because they have
to walk instead of road hunt.
That's how I read it anyway.
Good luck.
Wrong. Steve isn't even going. He does not need a tag. Pat and the other two do need one.

BearStump
09-06-2014, 02:25 PM
Also don't forget that, unless you are all hunting together you must have a form of communication with one another. Weather it be radios or in some cases cell phones within service range .

boxhitch
09-07-2014, 09:01 AM
Wrong. Steve isn't even going. He does not need a tag. Pat and the other two do need one.Thats the way to go. Your GF has access to firearms , is in the same vehicle , has her name on the application as one of the hunters , she better have a tag too. Besides , you may need it if she is the one along when two legal meese are spotted together.