PDA

View Full Version : 3-31 B Moose Draw North of Big Bar Lake

pmj
09-05-2014, 11:45 PM
I am looking for information on bull moose in Big Bar Lake and Meadow Lake area, 3-31 B. Going for 1st of October. I am going with a coworker and this will be his first moose hunt. He is pretty excited. Any information would be much appreciated.
Paul

Waynewjw
09-07-2014, 09:40 PM
They're around but you might have to cover a lot of ground. If you guys call that will increase the odds. Not many in the area, I've hunted it for the past 10 years and got one bull.

huntergerv
09-09-2014, 02:10 PM
Paul, I'd be interested to hear how you guys make out. We also have an LEH cow/calf draw for 3-31 starting Nov 1st - 10th ... if anyone is very familiar with this area, some pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Good luck on your hunt!

stephan

markt308
09-09-2014, 06:39 PM
You really don't need tips for that area, just miles on the boots and tires. make sure you are in moose country half hour before it's light. those first two hours are key, and the last hour in the day as well. if you find lots of sign in an area cow calling could be an idea but don't over do it. good luck

curly_fishr
09-09-2014, 07:06 PM
Not too many moose in the area but if you put in a lot of miles in the bush you might get lucky. Have seen a lot of rabbits in that area though.

markomoose
09-10-2014, 02:31 AM
That area was dyn-o-mite moose country in the 70's/80's.A co-worker was telling me him & his posse harvested 18 moose from that area back in the day.There's gotta be moose in that area still?Good luck boys!We wanna see pics.

bigredchev
09-10-2014, 04:55 AM
last year saw lots of moose in 3-30 which is east of the hwy. Hunted there a bit and never seem so many. As other have stated, if you dont find sign keep going they are there but its a decently high pressure area.