PDA

View Full Version : 3-17 A Big Horn Hunt

jweber_10
09-05-2014, 10:29 PM
Hey Guys, im heading down to Pavilion BC at the end of the month and am going to be staying there for 2 weeks trying to get my sheep, Im wondering if anyone has had this draw before and might be able to give me some info on what might be a good area to start. I am also wondering what the Clinton Pavilion Rd is like? I read its gravil, windy, and dusty. Also if anyone knows who owns private land I might be able to get permisson on, Any help would be awsome at this point thanks guys, PM me.
Good Luck Hunting this year,

swampthing
09-06-2014, 08:42 AM
The road is as you heard but its a good road you can drive a car across. Find a good spot and hike off toward the fraser. Private permission would be a great score but I think its tough to get

Fosey
09-06-2014, 11:07 AM
The Pavillon/kelly lake road is Indian Reserve from Hwy 99 to the first posted gate, have a good look at the LEH map. After the gate it is private ranch land to the next posted gate and crown land to Kelly Lake road. There is a road back along the fence at the gate before the power lines. This road will take you to the railroad tracks. Do all your spotting from the other side of the Fraser River. Concentrate below the tracks. Glassing from the 317 zone is a good way to spook the sheep.

jweber_10
09-06-2014, 11:22 AM
Thanks Guys thats awsome

walks with deer
09-06-2014, 11:28 PM
Good aadvice already posted.
Glass from other. Side.
Not sure opening date but be ready for chuckars.. mmnnnb yellow meat.