PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Farm Fields

Sarge789
09-05-2014, 02:47 PM
I'm looking on hunting some farmers fields this year if possible. Every year that I hunt in the LML I see TONS of waterfowl on the farmers fields .. Just out of range!

I know some people go door to door and ask for permission, however that would feel kind of intrusive to me. I am willing to if that's the best way, but was wondering if anyone knew of some good ways to go about it? I'm a polite, responsible individual and my hunting partners are very much as well and I think any medium of contact would be okay.

So.. Thoughts? I know BCWF has the outdoor passport program or whatever it's called but I haven't really heard anything about that..

PM me if you would rather.

Thanks!

Kudu
09-05-2014, 03:18 PM
I'm looking on hunting some farmers fields this year if possible. Every year that I hunt in the LML I see TONS of waterfowl on the farmers fields .. Just out of range!

I know some people go door to door and ask for permission, however that would feel kind of intrusive to me. I am willing to if that's the best way, but was wondering if anyone knew of some good ways to go about it? I'm a polite, responsible individual and my hunting partners are very much as well and I think any medium of contact would be okay.

So.. Thoughts? I know BCWF has the outdoor passport program or whatever it's called but I haven't really heard anything about that..

PM me if you would rather.

Thanks!

Go and knock on some potential farmers doors right now with a couple of sockeye, maybe a bottle or two of wine and some chocolates - its hard to refuse a man bearing fine gifts.......:mrgreen:

Oh yes - remember to beg! :-D :-D

Sarge789
09-05-2014, 03:50 PM
How do I know what kind of wine though!? :mrgreen:

barklee
09-07-2014, 09:27 AM
Take a case and let them pick what they want. LOL