PDA

View Full Version : Is it legal?

Grousedaddy
09-05-2014, 12:39 PM
Is it legal to take a buck with a bow or xbow on a golfcourse in city limits? Assuming the owner o the course says its ok?

ultramafic
09-05-2014, 12:42 PM
You would have to check your local shooting regulations... most jurisdictions include crossbows and some include bows in their shooting boundary rules and regulations along with firearms... Not much of an answer I guess but a point in the right direction. If they say no shooting bows/crossbows then it might not be legal.

mike

Liveforthehunt
09-05-2014, 12:43 PM
All depends on what city your in they all have different rules ... Here In Vernon it's Been in courts for a while now but as long as it's private property i think it's bs

albravo2
09-05-2014, 12:50 PM
Pretty sure Squamish has a no hunting (as opposed to no shooting) bylaw but I could be mistaken.

One quick call to the city and you should have your answer.

Mikey Rafiki
09-05-2014, 12:53 PM
Most municipalities of any size have a no shooting bylaw that can be enforced by the RCMP including bows or crossbows. Some allow permits for protecting crops or for archery/shooting ranges obviously permit law enforcement and CO work.

Call your bylaw officer, or if your really looking for a fun conversation call the local RCMP.

bighornbob
09-05-2014, 01:19 PM
Kamloops has a no lethal weapon discharge bylaw. So no guns or bows discharged in town. If you have over 20 acres and its a working ranch or farm , you are exempt from the bylaw.

Check with the town or municipality.

BHB

Grousedaddy
09-05-2014, 01:23 PM
Im in kamloops thanks guys got my answer

Rob Chipman
09-05-2014, 01:27 PM
A buck? I was certain you were talking about the Bighorn up on the Sun Rivers golf course! :-)

Grousedaddy
09-05-2014, 01:31 PM
Haha that would be something golf carts are alot quieter than a quad

hunter1947
09-05-2014, 02:28 PM
Is it legal to take a buck with a bow or xbow on a golfcourse in city limits? Assuming the owner o the course says its ok?

Give the local CO a call and ask him this is the best way to be safe if he oks it then your good to go..

swamper
09-05-2014, 03:11 PM
Here in Quesnel it is against city bylaws to discharge a bow within city limits unless you are at a scheduled shoot. And that is why there are some awesome bucks wandering around town. A couple of years ago I was driving down Front St. to pick up my hunting buddy and there was an awesome 4 X 4 muley walking up the sidewalk in from of the Husky gas station. No bucks in the bush, but bucks all over town.

steel_ram
09-05-2014, 09:59 PM
Sounds real sporting.