PDA

View Full Version : limited entry draw deer next years hunt Oct 2015

Edzzed
09-04-2014, 10:11 PM
So I have never shot an animal but bonked a lot of fish and swatted a few flies and mosquitoes. I recently bought a .270 win Savage Axis xp. and seriously modded it. Only original parts are action and barrel. Even the trigger is Rifle basix. anyhow I plan on target shooting this year but next year. Whole new ball game. I want a deer. can someone tell me how I enter the LEH. Do I mail an application or online. any links, Where are the forms. Is there a cost, do they charge me if I get the tag or not. I don't know where to get this info as it does not appear in googles or the govt's faq's.

coach
09-04-2014, 10:14 PM
Have you taken your CORE?

hunter fisher
09-04-2014, 10:15 PM
if your a bc resident, you dont need an LEH to hunt deer (unless your chasing mule deer does). most local sports stores sell over the counter tags and i think a deer tag is 15 bucks or so.

do you have a hunting license?

walks with deer
09-04-2014, 10:16 PM
Coach good question.
Edzze you nned to find mentour..............

ducktoller
09-04-2014, 10:33 PM
You need a bc hunter number first.

You buy a season lisence and tags. Leh is an authorization to hunt a specific animal in an area. You still need to buy a tag!
Leh forms are 6.50ish. So if I drew a moose leh draw. I'd still need to buy my annual lisence and my moose tag.

Deer bucks and black bear are open for anyone. Only deer in leh is antlerless mule deer

ducktoller
09-04-2014, 10:35 PM
To get the bc hunter number you need to complete your core course

Since you don't plan to hunt this year I'd recommend the coursez I challenged the test but reading and learnng on your own is hard especially without a mentor. Looking back I wish I'd taken the course.

Edzzed
09-05-2014, 07:42 AM
I have taken the CORE course and have a hunter number. My reason for asking is we camp every year near lower Adams lake and from what I read of the synopsis it can only be a 3 or 4 point antler deer and a friend had told me if I put in for LEH I can take an antler less deer. I have yet to see any deer with antlers up that way. Might be I have to go to the top of the lake as I have read if I can't find antlers up there I need glasses.

walks with deer
09-05-2014, 07:59 AM
Lower adams head about 40k west then 10k north.

Bro 300
09-05-2014, 10:03 AM
If you have taken the core and have a hunter #. Why don't you hunt this year? Lots of GOS in BC.

Kudu
09-05-2014, 10:24 AM
If you have taken the core and have a hunter #. Why don't you hunt this year? Lots of GOS in BC.

Exactly - you don't need a LEH draw to hunt.

BlacktailStalker
09-05-2014, 10:26 AM
Gain some elevation and go for a walk with a mulie tag.

steel_ram
09-05-2014, 11:07 AM
I have taken the CORE course and have a hunter number. My reason for asking is we camp every year near lower Adams lake and from what I read of the synopsis it can only be a 3 or 4 point antler deer and a friend had told me if I put in for LEH I can take an antler less deer. I have yet to see any deer with antlers up that way. Might be I have to go to the top of the lake as I have read if I can't find antlers up there I need glasses.

You have to actually win the draw. Depends on odds and there is no guarantee.

deadlyshot19
09-05-2014, 07:55 PM
As far as meat goes put in for the draw, if you get it great, if not all of october is still any buck lots of them around just put in time and be patient. As Under Armour would put it, "Go where you don't belong" ;p

Gateholio
09-05-2014, 09:16 PM
http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/resident/leh.html