PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a hunting partner

Mephizto
09-04-2014, 04:08 PM
hey guys/gals I posted in the classifieds but got no hits and since hunting season is here I thought i would give it a try here. Just a copy and paste. TL;DR Looking for a Mentor or a newbie looking to get started also.

Hi everyone, I am very new to hunting and basically the outdoors. i have been camping a small handful of times but have zero idea's on how to track animals and what signs to look for and such. I basically want to try and hunt deer, grouse, and do some waterfowl. I am looking for a mentor who can teach me what they know and proper etiquette when it comes to hunting.

Some info about me and items i have
32 years old and in decent shape
0 years experience hunting
I own a truck and a quad with a winch.
i own a 30-06, 12 gauge and a 10/22.
have my own camping gear.
live in the lower mainland but can do a weekend hunt
have PAL and CORE

thanks in advance

bc_buckshot
09-04-2014, 04:41 PM
Wont sugar coat it you gonna be lucky finding someone to take you along for dinner when its there favorite spot there going to. Best advise to do some reseach on here and just pick a spot and start hunting. Start somewhere local and build up from there. There are deer in them wood just gotta see them.

But for waterfowl give me a shout after deer season and i will get you in the blind shooting daffy duck. You bring the afternoon beverages.

300H&H
09-04-2014, 11:41 PM
You never mentioned what part of the prov your in (city) ?
If your in the Kelowna area you might be in luck....

markomoose
09-05-2014, 02:10 AM
You never mentioned what part of the prov your in (city) ?
If your in the Kelowna area you might be in luck....
He said he lives in the lower mainland .300 H&H.You gotta stay out of the scotch?

HoundDog
09-05-2014, 11:05 AM
Hey Mephizto,

Sounds like you have the gear and just need a few miles on the boots for experience.
I am sure at the very least a member on here would be happy to grab a coffee shoot the shit and perhaps point you in the correct direction; they probably will not give you GPS coordinates for there "honey hole"...however even if they did until you know the area and your prey it would not be much help.

What city are you in?

Mephizto
09-05-2014, 04:19 PM
Wont sugar coat it you gonna be lucky finding someone to take you along for dinner when its there favorite spot there going to. Best advise to do some reseach on here and just pick a spot and start hunting. Start somewhere local and build up from there. There are deer in them wood just gotta see them.

But for waterfowl give me a shout after deer season and i will get you in the blind shooting daffy duck. You bring the afternoon beverages.

I will for sure thanks.

Mephizto
09-05-2014, 04:19 PM
Hey Mephizto,

Sounds like you have the gear and just need a few miles on the boots for experience.
I am sure at the very least a member on here would be happy to grab a coffee shoot the shit and perhaps point you in the correct direction; they probably will not give you GPS coordinates for there "honey hole"...however even if they did until you know the area and your prey it would not be much help.

What city are you in?

Located in surrey but I can travel which is not a problem.

GoatGuy
09-05-2014, 04:25 PM
Might be an idea:

http://bcwf.net/index.php/programs/new-hunter-course

300H&H
09-05-2014, 07:19 PM
He said he lives in the lower mainland .300 H&H.You gotta stay out of the scotch?

hic...hic...:tongue:...it is rye actually, thank you very much !

Scotch is a last resort just before gin or waterrrrr....hic...

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/smiling-balls-8990532.jpg (http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/smiling-balls-8990532.jpg)

fallhunter
09-08-2014, 07:48 PM
Yo, Mephitzo your off to a great start what doin last week of Sept to say mid oct. all good calibres if you could pull off a three day
sometime that would be most helpful. Live in the lower mainland myself but hunt the island, the Rockies and Northern B.C.