PDA

View Full Version : Questions for all the deer baiters

leadpillproductions
09-04-2014, 12:35 PM
I found a supposedly monster wt spot so ive been told , wind blows right to left constently skidder trail goes to a tee left going down a steep bank but walkable , right skidder trail. Thinking of putting bait right at the tee in skidder trail. my question is will the deer walk up trail/bank . really only place in the area to set up site cause of dam constent wind.Wont be able to see deer coming from left until they are right on bait , but deer might like the easy excape route?

Singleshotneeded
09-04-2014, 02:29 PM
I've never used bait when hunting, only when I'm fishing. My question is, if you put out bait for deer and achieve great success,
would that make you a Master Baiter? :-)

Mikey Rafiki
09-04-2014, 02:49 PM
Dear Master Baiter,

I don't think the deer will have any issues walking up the bank if you can, but if the skidder trail is being used by deer already there should be some tracks showing them going up or down that hill on occasion. The deer might like the easy escape route but they might not like being next to a steep bank if they feel exposed. If there is tree cover then it should be fine.

I'm an occasional baiter myself, but only later in the year when it's cold and lonely.