PDA

View Full Version : Cow/Calf Moose - 7-27 (Fort St James Area) Advice/Help

GrandA
09-04-2014, 11:53 AM
Hi Ya'll - My brother in law and I were fortunate enough to receive a LEH for a cow/calf moose in 7-27 (Fort St James Area). We have never hunted moose before. If you have advice on the area or specific locations we can set up camp please let me know. Also, any advice on where/how/techniques for hunting cow/calf moose would be awesome. Thanks in advance -

decker9
09-05-2014, 01:43 AM
Iv hunted goats a lot over there but never moose, in fact, hate to be a downer but iv never seen a moose in any of my travels in 7-27, of course I wasent looking for them tho. Between takla reserve and bulkly house and the outfitter at middle river, my opinion, moose are few and far between.

GrandA
09-05-2014, 01:26 PM
ruthless - !

ryobime
09-16-2014, 10:04 PM
Ft St Jams is in 7-25 for starters.
There are ample moose in that area.
You better get permission from the
Tachie or Yecochee band offices if you hunt in
that area.
Not a legal requirement. But those buggers
just block roads and give folks a hard time.....

Hi Ya'll - My brother in law and I were fortunate enough to receive a LEH for a cow/calf moose in 7-27 (Fort St James Area). We have never hunted moose before. If you have advice on the area or specific locations we can set up camp please let me know. Also, any advice on where/how/techniques for hunting cow/calf moose would be awesome. Thanks in advance -

takla1
09-18-2014, 08:50 AM
hunted this area for 12 yrs,tons of moose in there.If your lucky to get the leh concentrate on the north end of the m-u and be there between the 25 th of sept/5th oct.that's when we harvested our moose usually.Watch cutblocks early till noon and last 2 hrs of the day.The big bulls will be heading down from the hi country to the valleys where the majourity of the cows are.Find fresh SIGN and sit on it,cow call early and late....