PDA

View Full Version : Faser river fishing guides

.300WSMImpact!
09-03-2014, 09:26 PM
Is there a fishing guide you can recommend for Fraser river sockeye fishing for a friend of mine

coach
09-03-2014, 09:34 PM
If you're going to go guided it would make more sense to go in the ocean where you are allowed 4 fish instead of two and don't need to contend with the crowds.

STS or Fred's would be who I'd call if you are intent on fishing the river. Maybe look into a sturgeon/salmon combo to make it worthwhile.

Sleep Robber
09-03-2014, 09:42 PM
There are many fantastic guides for the Fraser but IMO this guy is one of the best http://bentrods.ca/, he's a great guide out there, he's very knowledgeable and knows every nook and cranny of the Fraser around the Chilliwack area, he's great for all species too...sturgeon, salmon as well as Steelhead in the tributaries when in season.

Right now the flossers are in full force for the sockeye so if your friend can handle some close proximity fishing he should just go to a bar with car access and save a bunch of cash..IE Scale bar, Peg Leg, Gill Road, Island 22 etc etc

.300WSMImpact!
09-03-2014, 10:21 PM
Anywhere to rent rods and reels?

Sleep Robber
09-04-2014, 05:21 AM
Anywhere to rent rods and reels?

Not sure on that but your friend can probably just go buy a $50 rod and reel combo from Cambodian Tire, a couple leader savers, some 2/0 gammy hooks and some bouncing betty's {2, 3, and 4 ounce round weights}.

Believe me, you don't need anything fancy to go catch a couple sockeye and for what you'd probably spend on renting you can just go buy a quick set up.

Up to your friend though I guess...........

howa1500
09-04-2014, 06:04 AM
$500 I'll take him out, guaranteed two fish..
Seriously though, your buddy can set himself up pretty easy. I would have taken him out next time I went, but my season is probably done for a few weeks

russm
09-04-2014, 08:12 AM
I'm going sturgeon fishing in 2 weeks with great river fishing out of chilliwack, I haven't gone with them before but everything I've seen online and heard from others makes them sound pretty good to me.

Sofa King
09-04-2014, 08:19 AM
great river fishing is who I went out with for sturgeon.
they were awesome.
like others said, I'd do the ocean though for salmon, but if you are set on the river, try getting a salmon/sturgeon combo.

Wild one
09-04-2014, 08:51 AM
Dan from Castaway is a good guy. Like others have said lots of good options but also lots of bad ones so beware.

If you are going to hire a guide I would do a sturgeon/sockeye trip completely do able and you will get more for your $