PDA

View Full Version : Seemingly random green highlighting in the online regulations

rjolly
09-02-2014, 02:19 PM
Can someone tell me the significance of the green highlighting in the regulations? As an example using the attachment for elk in 7b, what is the difference between management unit 7-44 (black) and 7-45 (green) for 3 point and antlerless? Thanks.

Rev.
09-02-2014, 02:27 PM
I am pretty sure that green highlight indicates a regulation change.

rcar
09-02-2014, 02:29 PM
I will have to take a closer look but from what I saw the first time I looked at the new regs was the lines with the green highlights were changes from the last set of regs. I think this was so we could easily pick out the changes.

mike-juliet
09-02-2014, 02:43 PM
I will have to take a closer look but from what I saw the first time I looked at the new regs was the lines with the green highlights were changes from the last set of regs. I think this was so we could easily pick out the changes.

This.

Green represents regulations that are new or have changed from the previous edition of the regs.

reach
09-02-2014, 03:05 PM
Yes green is supposed to indicate changes from the 2012-2014 regs, and red to indicate corrections since the paper version was printed.

However they're hit and miss on the colour coding. Many important corrections they've done (e.g. antlerless deer seasons in 1-1, elk seasons in 4 and 7B) have no colour coding. There are also some changes that should have been in green but aren't (changes in moose & mtn goat in region 4, bag limit for geese in region 3 etc.)

TL;DR: yes it's random.

rjolly
09-02-2014, 04:40 PM
Thanks so much all.