PDA

View Full Version : native blockaide list ??

lightmag
09-02-2014, 10:58 AM
im sure this has been asked/posted already but i cant seem to find it.. is there a site with up to date blockaide location s??

thx

Bluedsteel
09-02-2014, 11:26 AM
There's another similar post I read a couple days ago, but it would be a good idea to have a master list. Unfortunately I think it's going to be a long list this year.

russm
09-02-2014, 11:28 AM
I personally plan on continuing through any illegal roadblock I come across, I may stop to see what they have to say but if it's not legal and I don't HAVE to stop I'm not, I'm not letting terrorists ruin my hunting season.

lightmag
09-02-2014, 12:01 PM
I personally plan on continuing through any illegal roadblock I come across, I may stop to see what they have to say but if it's not legal and I don't HAVE to stop I'm not, I'm not letting terrorists ruin my hunting season.

unfortunatly you coul dbe charged and arrested for disturbing the peace.... which is ridiculas considering thats exactly what their doing..

adriaticum
09-02-2014, 12:07 PM
unfortunatly you coul dbe charged and arrested for disturbing the peace.... which is ridiculas considering thats exactly what their doing..

Where did you get this information?

lightmag
09-02-2014, 12:26 PM
rcmp have said on few occasions that they could/may charge and arrest people trying to bypass blockaides if its not a "peaceful" passing , ill try and find some articles

adriaticum
09-02-2014, 12:30 PM
rcmp have said on few occasions that they could/may charge and arrest people trying to bypass blockaides if its not a "peaceful" passing , ill try and find some articles

Yes would like to see evidence of that.

I heard that around Terrace they have plastered signs to keep out, even on outfitter cabins.
Some people are getting really peeved.

russm
09-02-2014, 01:06 PM
It'd be peaceful, I'd peacefully start my vehicle and peacefully drive around....

russm
09-02-2014, 01:09 PM
I'll just say it's racist of they try to charge me that seems to be the thing to do these days.

bearhunter338-06
09-02-2014, 01:13 PM
Is it not our duty to our country to shoot terrorists.

hunter fisher
09-02-2014, 01:29 PM
if i encounter any road blocks on my central bc moose trip this year, i will be driving through or around them. is it not illegal to interfere with a legal hunt?

Singleshotneeded
09-02-2014, 01:39 PM

Same here, I'll respond to any force with equal force...it's our God given right to defend ourselves, and it's illegal to interfere and obstruct a hunt. Terrorists and traitors should be hung.

adriaticum
09-02-2014, 01:41 PM
Terrorists and traitors should be hung.

Post pictures.

Darksith
09-02-2014, 01:44 PM
I would join any group going through a roadblock if there's one around kamloops. Numbers is what is needed here, overpowering numbers, that will get someones attention.

adriaticum
09-02-2014, 01:46 PM
I would join any group going through a roadblock if there's one around kamloops. Numbers is what is needed here, overpowering numbers, that will get someones attention.

I'd drive to Kamloops just for that.

russm
09-02-2014, 02:04 PM

Id join an anti, anti moose hunting convoy, I also like someone else's idea of setting up an opposing roadblock and not letting them pass.

Bluedsteel
09-02-2014, 02:19 PM

This is correct, we were told that we would be arrested for disturbing the peace if we crossed an illegal road block on the jade boulder rd a few years ago. Talk about some seriously pissed of hunters!

russm
09-02-2014, 03:21 PM
This is correct, we were told that we would be arrested for disturbing the peace if we crossed an illegal road block on the jade boulder rd a few years ago. Talk about some seriously pissed of hunters!

Did you happen to mention that it's illegal to obstruct a lawful hunt?

srupp
09-02-2014, 03:26 PM
hmmm I also was threatened with arrest by RCMP some years ago when stuck behind a rd blockage of hwy 20..little terrorists with masks on and 13 ? years old some of them...was going to be late for work...and had salmon needing some ice...rcmp told me I could not put it into 4x4 and go around..I would be arrested..

cheers

Srupp

adriaticum
09-02-2014, 03:35 PM
hmmm I also was threatened with arrest by RCMP some years ago when stuck behind a rd blockage of hwy 20..little terrorists with masks on and 13 ? years old some of them...was going to be late for work...and had salmon needing some ice...rcmp told me I could not put it into 4x4 and go around..I would be arrested..

cheers

Srupp

Get arrested.
And if enough people get arrested those RCMP ****s would get the message.

r106
09-02-2014, 03:57 PM

Id be in for doing it if there was one around a 5 hour " one way " driving radius from Abbotsford.

adriaticum
09-02-2014, 04:05 PM
Ok Darksith, find us a blockade. Looks like you've got a contingent of volunteers.

Singleshotneeded
09-02-2014, 04:18 PM
Post pictures.

"hanged" by the neck until dead...lol, it's supposed to be correct but it always messes with my grammatical sense...
Lol, I'd love to post some pics of that!

Singleshotneeded
09-02-2014, 04:21 PM
Get arrested.
And if enough people get arrested those RCMP ****s would get the message.

The frigging police need to stand up for the working taxpayers that pay their salaries and not terrorist trash that are breaking the law...

2tins
09-02-2014, 05:07 PM
Is it not our duty to our country to shoot terrorists.
It's not? Then who?

Kami
09-02-2014, 05:27 PM
On a slightly related note about dealing with Natives and the RCMP, I read a heck of an interesting story about a Native stand-off in BC in 1995.
You may be inclined to read it too. It may shed some light on the current way the RCMP is dealing with some of this today. Very interesting story.
I wonder how different this scenario would unfold today if it happened?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gustafsen_Lake_Standoff

bigredchev
09-02-2014, 06:30 PM
i dont believe everything i read on wikipedia, but a good read.

Sasquatch
09-02-2014, 06:47 PM
I think there are many of us here old enough to remember well the standoff at Gustafsen. A group of natives did time for their involvement when it was said and done and their lawyer Clark was eventually disbarred if I recall.

srupp
09-02-2014, 08:25 PM
Hmmm I remember it well..shit show fer sure...
Srupp

weatherbyjunkie
09-02-2014, 09:25 PM
The frigging police need to stand up for the working taxpayers that pay their salaries and not terrorist trash that are breaking the law...

Agreed. beyond that, the police/RCMP should do their "job" which is enforcing the law. How about RCMP presence at the Tahltan roadblock blocking Telegraph Creek,let the terrorists voice their opinion,meanwhile allow hunters/outdoors people to enjoy the wilderness. I hate to admit it,but,they do have a right to "peaceful protest" but blocking the road,and/or hunter access is total BS.

Bluedsteel
09-02-2014, 09:50 PM
Gotta remember that the RCMP have to follow directive from the top. The gov. needs to get their $ hit together so that the RCMP can do their jobs.

cascades
09-02-2014, 10:12 PM
Check out " hunting news" on the fish and wildlife website.

Bluedsteel
09-02-2014, 10:28 PM
Check out " hunting news" on the fish and wildlife website.

Thanks Cascade. Here's what they posted there.

Notice to hunters: Tahltan blockade on Highway 51

Members of the Tahltan Nation have established a blockade on Highway 51 between Dease Lake and Telegraph Creek and government has been advised that resident hunters may be stopped at the blockade.

Hunters planning to use Highway 51 are advised as follows:

Government has initiated discussions with the Tahltan and is working to determine their specific concerns. We ask everyone to remain respectful of one another on the ground while we seek a resolution to the situation.
The Province considers the licences of guides, resident hunters and non-resident hunters to be valid. There is the possibility that resident hunters in Tahltan Traditional Territory may encounter protests.
All British Columbians have a constitutional right to peaceful protest and to express their point of view in a safe and legal way.
Hunters seeking direction on what to do if they encounter a protest, or who wish to report any confrontation should contact the local RCMP detachment.

Singleshotneeded
09-02-2014, 11:43 PM
Agreed. beyond that, the police/RCMP should do their "job" which is enforcing the law. How about RCMP presence at the Tahltan roadblock blocking Telegraph Creek,let the terrorists voice their opinion,meanwhile allow hunters/outdoors people to enjoy the wilderness. I hate to admit it,but,they do have a right to "peaceful protest" but blocking the road,and/or hunter access is total BS.

Exactly, by enforcing the law and breaking up these blockades, and allowing folks to move about and hunt, they'll be standing up for we citizens and doing their job. Appeasement has never worked, the trash just keeps demanding more...just look at Neville Chamberlain's example...the people started calling him "Chamberpot" for his efforts and WW2 broke out.

big blue
09-03-2014, 05:18 AM
So in these "meetings" between gov and protesters, is there a hunters rep that states our concerns? Or is it a closed meeting? And what the christmas do we have rcmp for if there not going to uphold the law? and that is safe passage to our selected hunting area... Hmmm just doesnt make sense to me either.

digginsweatinswearin
09-03-2014, 07:24 AM
You have a good point here, WTF are the cops doing choosing which laws they are and are not going to enforce? The RCMP are contractors for the government they should not have a say in policy, just enforcing the existing laws. Seems like they have gotten a little too big for their britches.