PDA

View Full Version : YOUNG LADY seeks help 4-20 Cow draw

09-02-2014, 09:53 AM
Hello every one.

I live in Langley, my daughter goes to College of the Rockies in Cranbrook .

She applied and was DRAWN for 4-20 Elk Cow or Calf Sept 20 to 30. She is a NewHunteress. This hopefully is her 1st BIG GAME animal. I am going up there to try to help her find her critter but could sure use some help. Does any one know of any ranchers or land owners that want to be rid of an Elk on their property? Can any one give us any pointers or help ? Please PM me if you can help her out. Greatly appreciate any help.

Thank you
CT

Mikey Rafiki
09-02-2014, 10:32 AM
Edit. Wrong info about stupid GOS for the private properties.

09-02-2014, 10:37 AM
Thanks Mike for this BUT, We are not interested in a hunt like this .... 800 bucks plus to hunt a antlerless elk ...... Not likely !..... sorry to see even some of BC has gone AMERICAN LIKE !

Crazy eh?

Mikey Rafiki
09-02-2014, 11:09 AM
Yes that's nuts. For some reason I got confused and thought you were talking about this ridiculous GOS season.

I don't know any ranchers, but If you're looking at public land I see a lot of cows around Skookumchuck that time of year. Also, the bottom end of Perry Creek would be a good spot as it's nice and close to town.

Rob
09-02-2014, 11:40 AM
Hunted Skookumchuck a couple years ago for bulls but only found cows at River level, If interested in more info PM me as I can try to be more specific

09-05-2014, 09:13 PM
Thanks so far to those that responded ..... any one else care to help out this New Hunter daughter of mine .... know a rancher with problem Elk ??

Thanks in advance

hopsing
09-06-2014, 09:30 PM
Hello every one.

I live in Langley, my daughter goes to College of the Rockies in Cranbrook .

She applied and was DRAWN for 4-20 Elk Cow or Calf Sept 20 to 30. She is a NewHunteress. This hopefully is her 1st BIG GAME animal. I am going up there to try to help her find her critter but could sure use some help. Does any one know of any ranchers or land owners that want to be rid of an Elk on their property? Can any one give us any pointers or help ? Please PM me if you can help her out. Greatly appreciate any help.

Thank you
CT

PM with the specifics of the draw & date with your number.

Be glad to help out with fairly good details. Don not visit here much so hopefully while I am on :)