PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me out?

bruce0580
09-01-2014, 05:47 PM
I have a good friend who is a young man with a wife and two babies at home, he is trying to get into hunting but as anybody knows with a young family he will be strapped for cash.
I have been a member for a while and have read alot of posts from alot of people and have found that there seems to be a good group of ppl on this site so what I'm wondering is if anyone has any old camo they are willing to donate for my buddy he has nothing but what I've got for him.
He is in need of everything but a gun and new boots and binos which I have gone and bought for him.
If anyone has an old
Knife, day pack, clothing size large or medium I think,
Brisket saw, or simply any hunting gear you can think he will need please pm me.
Thanks so much in advance for your help and taking the time to read my post.

BiG Boar
09-01-2014, 06:48 PM
Where are you located?

pnbrock
09-01-2014, 07:21 PM
what size fella we talking?

srupp
09-01-2014, 07:38 PM
Hmmm pm me with an adress for your buddy, and a name...im in for a good knife, and a compass ..and...will pay the shipping...also some odds and ends..

Will add a day pack..

Cheers
Srupp

fyffer
09-01-2014, 07:45 PM
See whst I got around just gave a day pack and clotjing away.

Sofa King
09-01-2014, 07:52 PM
I could give him a really great recipe for tag-soup.
what size is he? height and chubbiness?
I have a like-new "natural-gear" camo coveralls.
maybe some other things as well.

Sitkaspruce
09-01-2014, 08:32 PM
I have some old camo and some odds and ends.

PM me

Cheers

SS

bruce0580
09-01-2014, 08:34 PM
He is about 170 lbs 5'10" tall average build I'm thinking medium to large size clothing.
We are located in Abbotsford so anything in lower mainland we can pick up.

walks with deer
09-01-2014, 08:41 PM
Bruce,
I am 6ft1 180 live in mission

Just getting packed for my trip this week will take a look.

srupp
09-01-2014, 08:53 PM
Hmmmm parcel will be enroute this week prepaid shipping..good on you for stepping up to help your buddy
Cheers
Srupp

thepitchedlink
09-01-2014, 09:09 PM
I won't be home for a bit, but I have some camo he can have. I'll get a hold of you when I get back if he still needs it.

bruce0580
09-02-2014, 06:24 AM
Thanks to all that offered to help.
A little goes a long way

bigredchev
09-02-2014, 07:27 AM
What calibre rifle? Ill be damned if I got ammo for calibres I don't own.

bridger
09-02-2014, 08:12 AM
I have a day pack if he needs one can send it on the bus. Let me know

BiG Boar
09-02-2014, 08:18 AM
What else does he need on the gear list?

bruce0580
09-02-2014, 08:48 AM
Most seems to be covered now pretty much needs clothing and a pack board now as long as everyone comes through with what they said

markomoose
09-02-2014, 08:57 AM
Some good people here!Way to go folks!

buck nash
09-02-2014, 09:03 AM
Wow that was easy! Way to go hbc!! This guy's got all the basics in less than 24hrs thanks to member's generosity. Stand up bunch of guys.

bruce0580
09-02-2014, 09:47 AM
I agree this is a stand up group of people thanks a bunch

gunpower
09-02-2014, 12:24 PM
I have a good friend who is a young man with a wife and two babies at home, he is trying to get into hunting but as anybody knows with a young family he will be strapped for cash.
I have been a member for a while and have read alot of posts from alot of people and have found that there seems to be a good group of ppl on this site so what I'm wondering is if anyone has any old camo they are willing to donate for my buddy he has nothing but what I've got for him.
He is in need of everything but a gun and new boots and binos which I have gone and bought for him.
If anyone has an old
Knife, day pack, clothing size large or medium I think,
Brisket saw, or simply any hunting gear you can think he will need please pm me.
Thanks so much in advance for your help and taking the time to read my post.
I wonder how us old fellows got a long when we were young and raising a family. One rifle, old work boots, camo was not heard of, no binos, no pack, knife was whatever.
Had a new home and truck and 4 small kids. Still found the time and money to do a bit of hunting.

09-02-2014, 12:58 PM
I wonder how us old fellows got a long when we were young and raising a family. One rifle, old work boots, camo was not heard of, no binos, no pack, knife was whatever.
Had a new home and truck and 4 small kids. Still found the time and money to do a bit of hunting.

tooo bad,,,,,, if "The internets" wasn't around back in the old days you woulda had some gear that people wanted to help you out with.......

srupp
09-02-2014, 02:56 PM
hmmm so Susan is packing up a parcel for the am...included is good sharp knife and sheath, couple camo hats ,good quality compass and book, hydration bag....the coating is iodine tablets residue,
unfortunately Susan already sent my spare day pack to the share shed..hmmmm
SO I included a cameo fleece jacket and pants suited for 5' 10 " - 6 ' guy great camo pattern and super stealth..
And for the children I included a gun trigger lock with key...in case you didn't have one...

cheers

Steven...& Susan Rupp

srupp
09-02-2014, 03:16 PM
hmmm IF you buddy likes this hunting I will offer him a personal invite to come up and I will take him through how to bone out, and render a deer into steaks , roasts etc...I took a professional course and subsequently learned sausage making through Hans Luder..some tasty examples from last years elk should be here somewhere on the site...
cheers
steven

mike-juliet
09-02-2014, 03:26 PM
hmmm so Susan is packing up a parcel for the am...included is good sharp knife and sheath, couple camo hats ,good quality compass and book, hydration bag....the coating is iodine tablets residue,
unfortunately Susan already sent my spare day pack to the share shed..hmmmm
SO I included a cameo fleece jacket and pants suited for 5' 10 " - 6 ' guy great camo pattern and super stealth..
And for the children I included a gun trigger lock with key...in case you didn't have one...

cheers

Steven...& Susan Rupp

Someone give this man a beer!

As I pack for my upcoming trip this week I will have a look at what I have, I'm sure we all have those pieces of gear in the bottom of the Totes that hasn't been used in at least a couple seasons.

srupp
09-03-2014, 10:40 AM
hmmm package sent this am..should be there any day..

good luck

cheers
Steven

bruce0580
09-03-2014, 10:44 AM
Thanks a bunch everyone