PDA

View Full Version : FVSAH Regs clarification

gamer
09-01-2014, 12:45 AM
I have an opportunity to hunt private property within the Fraser Valley Special Area. The map for this area shows it as white. The legend states that in areas marked white firearms are permitted. It does not state shotgun only or shot only etc. just that firearms are permitted.
However the legend shows areas marked white with grey stripes rifles and shotguns with single projectiles are permitted.
So my question is can I use rifle in areas marked white or would I have to use shotgun with shot? (Buckshot in this case as owner wants deer removed)
Or can someone tell me where I can find the regs that will clarify this for me?

adriaticum
09-01-2014, 07:37 AM
Look at the bylaws of the city you plan to hunt

Crazy_Farmer
09-01-2014, 07:39 AM
It's wording that's been changed in the past couple years. Used to say no single projectiles. But now just says use of firearms permitted. City bylaws may say other wise though.

gamer
09-01-2014, 05:35 PM
Thanks guys. I have read the bylaws and it is not overly clear either. I believe It will have to be buckshot but I will call the city this week and confirm. Seems single projectile can only be used for activities under sec. 7,8 and hunting is under sec.9. Thanks for the info.