PDA

View Full Version : Dease lake roadblock - Status?

sonturk
08-30-2014, 11:23 PM
I would like to know what is the status of the road block at Dease Lake and also what you experienced over there. Is it a no-go? Is it doable? What should we expect over there? What precaution should be taken? Are there areas that should be avoid?

butcher
08-31-2014, 07:41 AM
Just left there. No road block in dease but apparently one on the road to telegraph creek according to locals.

Skull Hunter
08-31-2014, 09:25 AM
Just left there. No road block in dease but apparently one on the road to telegraph creek according to locals.

This exactly.

stoneguide
08-31-2014, 01:42 PM
Will be hitting telegraph creek on the 11th. Was just told the cheif is sitting in the road in a lawn chair with a table. They didn't figure we would have an issue as we aren't hunting moose nor will we dress and resemble hunters.

Bluedsteel
08-31-2014, 03:20 PM
I just left Dease yesterday. Spoke to a couple miners and they told me that the hot lakes road and jade boulder road were going to be blockaded. They won't start until hunters are flooding up north im sure but I did bump into a few out of town natives asking for directions to hot lakes so im guessing that it's starting sooner than later. I did see quite a few natives in the back country roads where I have never seen one in my 20 years in that country, I found that quite odd.

Singleshotneeded
08-31-2014, 03:49 PM
I just left Dease yesterday. Spoke to a couple miners and they told me that the hot lakes road and jade boulder road were going to be blockaded. They won't start until hunters are flooding up north im sure but I did bump into a few out of town natives asking for directions to hot lakes so im guessing that it's starting sooner than later. I did see quite a few natives in the back country roads where I have never seen one in my 20 years in that country, I found that quite odd.

Asking directions, hey? :-) Just like the tree licking blockades or that occupy stupidity...anytime something stupid is about to happen it attracts all the unemployed trouble making trash from all over. All they care about is causing a ruckus, disturbing the peace, and sticking it to their betters. Good luck and a safe trip to any and all hunters heading up that way!

HarryToolips
08-31-2014, 04:33 PM
Hope ya gave em good directions:-D

Singleshotneeded
08-31-2014, 05:02 PM
Hope ya gave em good directions:-D

Maybe they'll be seen in awhile floating down the Skeena... :-D

scuba
08-31-2014, 06:28 PM
I've been up in the dease area a couple times over the years during there blockades and have never had an issue getting thru, that being said we were in one truck with two guys looking for multiple species. At the blockade we were told that they were stopping large groups of hunters with big camp setups, quads, side by sides etc. Have even parked my truck at the RCMP station in dease and quadded from there around the blockades. More than one way into an area. Just my experience.

srupp
08-31-2014, 06:59 PM

Sooooooo...how was the hunting...? Springer need that $$$ sptting scope?...glad your out safe..

Cheers
Srupp

d6dan
08-31-2014, 07:09 PM
Maybe they'll be seen in awhile floating down the Skeena... :-D

Nass River, Skeena's no where near there buddy.

Singleshotneeded
08-31-2014, 09:14 PM
Nass River, Skeena's no where near there buddy.

Lol, we used to hunt the Babine area, and that was years ago...but don't some of those streams north of the Skeena wind up flowing into the Skeena?

Skull Hunter
09-01-2014, 09:27 AM
Lol, we used to hunt the Babine area, and that was years ago...but don't some of those streams north of the Skeena wind up flowing into the Skeena?

The headwaters of the Stikine, Skeena, and Nass are all in the same general area called The Sacred Headwaters by the Tahltan people. The area however is closer to Iskut than Dease Lake though.

Rockycruz
09-04-2014, 07:25 AM
Can anyone update this,

Caribou_lou
09-04-2014, 07:49 AM

Yup, Kluatantan lake flows south into the Skeena. Located just south of Spatsizi.

sonturk
09-06-2014, 06:19 PM
Based on news, the Tahltan are still maintaining the road blockade against moose hunting in their territories.

http://www.cftktv.com/News/Story.aspx?ID=2164684

markomoose
09-06-2014, 08:28 PM
NO offense sonturk,but I believe you borrowed someones avatar.Rackem will be none too happy?Just saying.

Johnny G1
09-06-2014, 08:39 PM
NO offense sonturk,but I believe you borrowed someones avatar.Rackem will be none too happy?Just saying. Yes and where is Rackem, miss her pics and story's.

Sitkaspruce
09-06-2014, 08:57 PM
Maybe sonturk is Rackem reincarnated......

Cheers

SS

d6dan
09-06-2014, 09:09 PM
Yes and where is Rackem, miss her pics and story's.

She's full time on Facebook.

huntcoop
09-06-2014, 11:04 PM
Will be hitting telegraph creek on the 11th. Was just told the cheif is sitting in the road in a lawn chair with a table. They didn't figure we would have an issue as we aren't hunting moose nor will we dress and resemble hunters.

Just hang a dream catcher from your rear view mirror and stuff an eagle feather in your ear, good to go.

russm
09-07-2014, 08:30 AM
Just another one of the attention seekers that ran out of steam!:mrgreen:

She ran out of things to copy and paste so she's got nothing to say around here anymore...

EvanG
09-10-2014, 12:53 PM
We flew over the blockade on the telegraph creek road yesterday and the barrier was laying in the ditch with no body around. Most hunters flying out of telegraph are getting through. According to the rcmp in dease its an information picket and they cannot stop you. Simply drive around

Mathil
09-10-2014, 10:01 PM
She ran out of things to copy and paste so she's got nothing to say around here anymore...

Her post per day level was absolutely INSANE. Like 30+ a day.

Cordillera
09-11-2014, 06:12 AM
Road block was down yesterday.

Three degrees this morning. Smells moosey outside!

bigredchev
09-11-2014, 07:54 AM
They must all be at work.

Good news though, glad to hear