PDA

View Full Version : Saw an early velvet dropper today

Buckmeister
08-29-2014, 09:37 PM
Was up mountain biking at Silver Star outside Vernon today. Saw two smaller bucks near the bottom of the runs, one was a small 2x2 with velvet already cleaned off. Up higher under the lift I also saw a group of 4 bucks, one nice 4x5 160 class, but all of those were still fuzzy looking.

HarryToolips
08-30-2014, 09:14 AM
Mulies or whities? is it true there is a small pops of elk in that area now too?

Buckmeister
08-30-2014, 11:36 AM
Mulies, haven't seen or heard of any elk up there though.

Darksith
08-30-2014, 01:13 PM
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_3XyGJSvokVYTTeeTbVwOfDeyQIFnd POYoVuOBJ-Fqkucit4N

Liveforthehunt
08-30-2014, 01:40 PM
I was up biking yesterday and saw a cranker on the way up 5 on one side for sure tall and mass!!! Might head back Monday morning with the bow :D no pics to share sorry ;)

Buckmeister
08-30-2014, 05:31 PM
I was up biking yesterday and saw a cranker on the way up 5 on one side for sure tall and mass!!! Might head back Monday morning with the bow :D no pics to share sorry ;)

Sounds like the same one I saw. Was he with another 4x3, a decent 3x3, and a smaller 3x3? I would call him a shooter, but not a cranker, but to each his own. :) There are some pretty nice bucks up on that hill though. Another member on this forum was up there a few years back working on a house and looked straight up the ski run and saw a biggy feeding early in the morning without a care in the world.

Buckmeister
08-30-2014, 05:33 PM
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_3XyGJSvokVYTTeeTbVwOfDeyQIFnd POYoVuOBJ-Fqkucit4N

Sorry, phone was in backpack and turned off. By the time i could pull it out and turn it on and snap some pictures, I would have already way passed them as I was riding the lift up the hill.

Darksith
08-30-2014, 05:54 PM
just pokin ya, don't really matter :)

Dannybuoy
08-30-2014, 06:16 PM
Sounds like the same one I saw. Was he with another 4x3, a decent 3x3, and a smaller 3x3? I would call him a shooter, but not a cranker, but to each his own. :) There are some pretty nice bucks up on that hill though. Another member on this forum was up there a few years back working on a house and looked straight up the ski run and saw a biggy feeding early in the morning without a care in the world.
That's because where he was he wouldn't have a care in the world ..NO HUNTING

wrenchhead
08-30-2014, 08:06 PM
I worked up there as a millwright for a number of years and that's one thing I miss is the deer spotting cruises to and from the lifts. Every year there would be a couple 180+ Hanging around. If you hike down into silver woods 2/3rds the way down Sherwood's forest they are there every time, and between the reservoirs on top of the hill is a popular bedding area.