PDA

View Full Version : Question for any Vernon Residents

Bugle M In
08-29-2014, 05:44 PM
I purchased a Burris Signature scope back in the mid 90's up in Vernon.
I have a warranty issue I need rectified, but I can no longer remember the place where I purchased it.
It wasn't at Fisher's or at Herby's.
IT may have been Del Selin's, but I thought there was an Outdoor store there, but can't remember their name.
I think I recall they may have gone under.???????
Hoping someone in Vernon can give me some info to which places sold Burris in the 90's.
It appears I may be getting shafted with Burris now, but before I can say that, I want to get my ducks in a row, with the appropriate info.
Unfortunately, I no longer have the receipt, but I recall it being a fairly pricey scope in it's day.
Any help on this would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
BMI

Dannybuoy
08-29-2014, 05:54 PM
Vernon Outdoor store ?... no longer in business .

Amphibious
08-29-2014, 06:12 PM
The one in the north end? Went out of Business, think there is a Jebus store there now?

Good Luck, hope burris helps you out.

Liveforthehunt
08-29-2014, 06:25 PM
Burris should help you out regardless I just sent my Steiner binos in and instead of fixing em they sent me a new model for the price of shipping :D Vernon outdoor store went under a few years ago now there is a hardware wholesaler there now and the others u named are the only others .... Either way send a letter and mail it in you should get it fixed regardless for cheap if not any price

Bugle M In
08-29-2014, 07:31 PM
Thank You Folks,
I believe it may Have been the Vernon Outdoor Store, just wanted to confirm that.
As for Burris...We will see.
My problem is this right now.
My scope was a 3 x 9 40mm With Posi Lock ( loved that feature!!!, 15 years, never a click out!! )Signature Series ( top end at the time, and not cheap )
Anyways, dropped it off to a local retailer here ( leave them out of it, as they are great, and this is not their doing )
They in turn pass it off to Stoegger's ( spelling ???? ), who actually deals with Burris USA etc.
This was Feb 1st 2014
6 months Now!!, and I've been wondering where my scope is!!!!!
Calls made, no return calls, finally local retailer gets in touch with Stoegers( ??)
Suddenly, they say Burris can't repair, New Scope on the way!!! ya, BS, came today Express Post, so it was in the mail, but rather Oh S*** etc Crap!!
So I open to see what Burris ( OR is it Stogger's ??) sent me.

Not happy at all, A Fullfield E1, MADE IN PHILLIPINES ( signature was USA MADE )
Even worse, This model DOES NOT come with POSI LOCK!!
These were the 2 main features why I purchased this scope, and certainly not something made overseas other than GERMAN MADE etc.

And to top it all of, the RETICLE is some sort of GOOFY F'n DESIGN!!
HAD Burris contacted me at least, I would have made sure they would have sent me a scope with "FINE PLEX", as this is my preference and is available in their Custom section, and
which was equipped on my original!!

NO POSI, NO USA MADE, NO PROPER RETICLE, and No PROPER ADVANCED PRODUCT / CUSTOMER INFO to whats up spells F'n S***** Customer Service.
Not my fault, they offered LIFETIME Warranty.
Don't get me wrong, I understand things can't always be fixed or replaced exactly...BUT,
YOU WAIT 6 MONTHS, and then "HERE YA GO>>>SEE YA!!!"
Call me first, tell me what's up, and talk about options, save money...email me!! etc.

As for right now, I am emailing Burris etc with info, AS, I am NOT CERTAIN if this was BURRIS who made this Decision OR
was this a big Screw up at STOGGER's ( they are the reps around here for TIKKA / SAKO/ BURRIS from my understanding )
Due to length of time, and certain particulars I have left out, Burris may have had little to do with this or all to do with it.
Worst part, I have no rifle, and elk season is almost here for me!!

I will post my situation and outcome, once this is worked out....hopefully VERY QUICKLY!
thanks again for info
BMI

uraarchr
08-29-2014, 10:56 PM
Del Selin sold those w the posi lock.sold Burris fo loong time.maybe still does?

boxhitch
08-30-2014, 06:36 AM
Too bad you didn't deal with Burris direct , they are in Colorado. That would eliminate any questions about who and when contacts were tried.

thepitchedlink
08-30-2014, 07:03 AM
I dealt with Burris direct in the States and the customer service was excellent. I was looking for a set of rings they no longer made, the fella I was talking to said he had a set there, been sitting on a shelf in his office for a few years. He sent them too me free of charge. I told him I would always pass that bit of effort on .....

Bugle M In
08-30-2014, 11:56 AM
Too bad you didn't deal with Burris direct , they are in Colorado. That would eliminate any questions about who and when contacts were tried.

Yes, your right, I should have in hindsight now.
Didn't think there would be an issue arising such as this, I really thought the scope was fixable!
Anyways, I've sent off an email to Burris, and if I don't get a response, I will call them directly.
Hopefully, we both can come to a better resolution than what was currently presented me.
Also find out who actually did what, as stated, it may not have been Burris.
I never thought Stogger's or whatever their called was going to be in the mix when I dropped it off to the local Retailer etc.
Thanks again, I will post to let people know, if anyone cares, what the outcome is, and who did what etc.