PDA

View Full Version : Canned hunt/ private animal harvest / FOR CHARITY

biggamehntr
08-28-2014, 07:46 PM
This is a weird request, don't judge me until you read my whole post.
I'm trying to work with a US charity company that takes injured veterans from the war on terror out on hunting/fishing/outdoor adventures. They'd like to do some Canadian outtings but some of the issues are, out of country hunting requires guides, extra fees, and both they and myself have contacted numerous guide/outfitters and none are interested in contributing or donating (note that this is a legitimate charity in the US)
it's understandable as any tags or animals they donate takes it away from hunters willing to purchase them. So I thought I'd look into canned hunts or harvesting private animals (like how some bison farmers allow you to shoot a buffalo after you purchase it on their property and it is not considered hunting)
i was leanin towards the buffalo idea as these veterans could range from having PTSD to being in a wheelchair or triple amputee so long stalks and hikes may be out of the question, but we also don't want to be shooting an animal from a truck and even being able to stalk some buffalo before shooting would make it better.
so I'm asking for help, does anyone know of any places/people/companies that may be interested in helping out. Or does anyone have any friends or know any companies or hunting/fishing guides willing to take this on? (More information and details can be discussed further at a later date) please let me know! I think we can all agree that this is a great cause! And I know my fellow outdoorsmen will want to help and get behind it!

Gateholio
08-28-2014, 08:22 PM
I believe chilcotinhillbilly has very generously taken some Wounded Warriors on hunts. While I am not going to speak for him, I think he might be a good resource to start with.

08-28-2014, 08:27 PM
Why not just set up a trust fund for donations and pay for a real hunt?

biggamehntr
08-28-2014, 08:53 PM
I suppose I could do that but it being a U.S. Company I don't believe tax receipts can be issued nor claimed as a donation at the end of the year.
The company does do raffles and charity drives but the lower the overall cost the more veterans can be taken out.

eagle eye
08-28-2014, 09:44 PM
Have you given waterfowling a thought,i dont think you need a guide.
lots of opportunities in the lowermainland,easy access,way more action

biggamehntr
08-28-2014, 10:01 PM
Have you given waterfowling a thought,i dont think you need a guide.
lots of opportunities in the lowermainland,easy access,way more action

I hadent thought of that, definitely something to look into though! I don't have enough knowledge base on waterfowl but I'm sure I could find a buddy or something. Thanks.

markomoose
08-29-2014, 01:08 AM
[QUOTE=Gatehouse;1533011]I believe chilcotinhillbilly has very generously taken some Wounded Warriors on hunts. While I am not going to speak for him, I think he might be a good resource to start with.[/QUOTE X2 Good place to start

08-29-2014, 08:22 AM
A great cause and good on YOU ! But .... what about our own Canadian Wounded Warriors, is there a reason your helping the US heros instead of our own ? Just asking.

If timing is right, I might be able to help you with the fishing thing. Although, I used to guide, and am fully licensed too with boat TCP approved and every thing, it would only be like taking friends out. Just helping the cause.

What time of year are you thinking ?

Hunting .... well they MUST be guided.

Good on you doing what your doing.

boxhitch
08-29-2014, 08:30 AM
it's understandable as any tags or animals they donate takes it away from hunters willing to purchase them.in general , g/o's do lots of donating but usually to the large hunting/conservation groups , SCI DSC WSF .
Contact GOABC
You might have better luck if you were part of the Wounded Warrior program for Canadian vets.

biggamehntr
08-29-2014, 08:50 AM
A great cause and good on YOU ! But .... what about our own Canadian Wounded Warriors, is there a reason your helping the US heros instead of our own ? Just asking.

If timing is right, I might be able to help you with the fishing thing. Although, I used to guide, and am fully licensed too with boat TCP approved and every thing, it would only be like taking friends out. Just helping the cause.

What time of year are you thinking ?

Hunting .... well they MUST be guided.

Good on you doing what your doing.

the he only reason I'm hooked up with this US company is because I served in the US marines (I'm dual citizen) and the majority of my military contacts are in the states.
I would love to help the Canadian foundations just as much but I really have minimal knowledge regarding the Canadian Forces.
im not sure about the Canadian branch but I know the US WoundedWarriors program had quite a bit of controversy lately regarding it's company. Whereas this organization makes $0 profit and actually sometimes goes into the hole to help these vets out.
I am in no way minimizing what our brave Canadian soldiers have done for all of us and this country.
And without speaking for this organization I'm sure if someone knew of some Canadian vets we could all work together to get them out doing something they enjoy!

biggamehntr
08-30-2014, 08:17 AM
Just going to bump this up top