PDA

View Full Version : Soooooo many damn grouse!!

B-rad
08-25-2014, 01:58 PM
Can't believe how many grouse especially blue grouse I been seeing this year,,,,,I took drive on my road up in barnhartvale and within 1 km stretch of road counted 36 blues in wide open chasing and feeding on grasshoppers,,,,,,,so I thought I'd take a drive to my huntin spot for whitetail,,,,,and counted another 18 ruffed grouse,,,,,gonna be good year for the peeps huntin birds this year

RugDoctor
08-25-2014, 02:02 PM
Hope this holds true, and for the Cariboo as well. Looking forward to putting some in the cook pot!

Soooo....hope this isn't a hijack, sorry if it is, BUT....I'm used to shooting grouse with my 22 and have good luck with it. I'm thinking about switching to a 410 so that I can catch the flyers too. I'm thinking 410 rather than 12, just to be a little easier on meat. Opinions?

luckofthedraw
08-25-2014, 02:13 PM
Hope this holds true, and for the Cariboo as well. Looking forward to putting some in the cook pot!

Soooo....hope this isn't a hijack, sorry if it is, BUT....I'm used to shooting grouse with my 22 and have good luck with it. I'm thinking about switching to a 410 so that I can catch the flyers too. I'm thinking 410 rather than 12, just to be a little easier on meat. Opinions?

I prefer the 410. Same way gramps used to get them.

one-shot-wonder
08-25-2014, 04:13 PM
The quail clutches are out of control this summer....perhaps the same for most birds in the southern interior, benefiting from the warm dry spring/summer.

Steelpulse
08-25-2014, 04:19 PM
We have been seeing lots of 5-6 and 10+ bird coveys throughout the kamloops area

Stone Sheep Steve
08-25-2014, 04:54 PM
Perfect timing for the youth hunters in region 8. Remember the youth only grouse season starts sept first.
Happy plinking some ditch chickens!

Glenny
08-25-2014, 06:27 PM
Better stock up on grouse tags.

300H&H
08-25-2014, 07:22 PM
Better stock up on grouse tags.

I will do that. And grab a couple of coyote tags as well.

Are grouse migratory like geese ?

4 point
08-25-2014, 07:56 PM
My savage .410/22 is the way to go.

howa1500
08-25-2014, 08:10 PM
.410 is great for grouse!

B-rad
08-25-2014, 08:53 PM
Yup,,,,kamloops just a rockin with grouse this year,,,,,the only singles I been seeing are the old mature males,,,,rest of em are in groups of 3 or more,,,,,,really happy to see this many blues kickin around,,,,,,,,410 is awesome bird gun,,,,,I use a 12 gauge myself,,,,,gives me more lead flying through the air to hit the flyers

badgreenbird
08-25-2014, 10:00 PM
Just bumped a flock of 10 sharp-tailed grouse yesterday... good sized brood with high survival. Seems like they were feasting on the grasshopper plague. It's been warm & dry here all spring/summer. Hope the ruffies have done just as well.

Although I use a 28 gauge for actual hunting, a .410 is hard to beat for casual grouse pot shooting

RebuiltMosin
08-26-2014, 02:01 AM
I have a 22/.410 for when I'm just "walking the dogs with a gun" but when I'm actually going for them prefer a 20 gauge more lead yet small enough can wing em when they take off. Really looking forward to running the dogs after birds this year is sounding good.... They get excited every time I pick up a boom stick just to move it or clean it.

markomoose
08-26-2014, 02:17 AM
Was in 5-04/5-05 first week of august out quadding and ran into some 10 plus coveys.Lotsa grouse out thatta way!

B-rad
08-26-2014, 10:27 AM
Thinking it will be good year for all the game birds,,,,,,,I haven't heard much on the pheasant population yet this year,,,,,,but tons of grouse,,chuckar,quail and European collared doves

Grousedaddy
08-26-2014, 02:47 PM
Yup kamloops is looking great again this year more then normal but i never have a problem finding those birds

wetcoasthunter
08-26-2014, 07:10 PM
How's the peace region looking for grouse this year?

caddisguy
08-26-2014, 09:20 PM
I have a Ruger 10/22 but ended up hogging my friends 410 last season. I wish I had a shotgun legal for hunting, but my only shotty is a 12ga dominion grizzly with an 8 inch barrel... not interchangeable with 870 clones sadly.

A 410/22 over-under would by my ideal dream gun for grouse, but it's gonna be another year with the 22 being the only grouse gun. Too bad I never practiced with the slingshot during the off-season... would be nice to whack those things silently while creeping around for deer. I usually only take grouse opportunistically off the road from point A to point B. I figure even the 22 would spook deer.

Hodaka
08-26-2014, 09:54 PM
I shot at a hare opening day, and a dear another 100m down the road just stood and stared. Food for thought.

fyffer
08-27-2014, 07:56 AM
Deer open already for riffle ? You said u got a hair and deer.

caddisguy
08-27-2014, 08:18 AM
If he said he shot one on closing day, would we figure the season was over or assume it was a previous season? ;-P

He has a point though.. some deer especially ones hanging out around roads don't spook easy. I was with my brother blowing off 12 gauges in a gravel pit and we had a doe sneak up on us. Wasn't phased by the blasts at all. I assumed it was deaf.

I read a theory about deer sensory and threat evaluation. If a deer detects up a potential threat by smell, it will likely evade. If a potential threat is detected by sound, it will likely wait to confrim visually or by scent before evading. With visual it will likely wait for sound or scent. Might be true. Anyway, back to grouse...

Region 2 seems to have quite a few. Saw dozens earlier in the summer... gf even got attacked by one. I don't see as many now but still better than average. Last year Region 5 was ridiculous and 3 seemed slow. Glad to hear there's more birds around Kamloops!

fyffer
08-27-2014, 11:45 AM
I was just wondering. I was excited I could hunt deer with a ruffle already.

buck nash
08-27-2014, 11:59 AM
I saw a few groups of grouse this past weekend with 4-6 in a group while scouting deer near boston bar.

Too bad they're not legal yet. I probably would have brought home my bag limit.

This is where the shotgun shines. They were clustered together so close that I could've got some doubles and triples with a 12g.

Darksith
08-27-2014, 12:51 PM
Can't believe how many grouse especially blue grouse I been seeing this year,,,,,I took drive on my road up in barnhartvale and within 1 km stretch of road counted 36 blues in wide open chasing and feeding on grasshoppers,,,,,,,so I thought I'd take a drive to my huntin spot for whitetail,,,,,and counted another 18 ruffed grouse,,,,,gonna be good year for the peeps huntin birds this year
Man I hope my Blue spot has a pile of them in there...I can't wait. Good to hear kamloops has kinda bounced back, didn't see many last year, but was a really wet year.

Do grouse even each critters? I thought it was all seeds

luckofthedraw
08-27-2014, 01:02 PM

In my experience they eat the rose hips. Then you catch them in the morning on the edge of roads picking up gravol to help them digest the hips. I'm sure there is more, but this is what I know.

Salmon Belly
08-28-2014, 12:24 AM
When I'm cleaning them I always have a look at what the ruffies that I shot have been eating. Often see small insects - ants and beetles.

SB

Man I hope my Blue spot has a pile of them in there...I can't wait. Good to hear kamloops has kinda bounced back, didn't see many last year, but was a really wet year.

dak0ta
08-28-2014, 01:31 PM
Any reports in Region 2, squamish area?

Kami
08-28-2014, 02:00 PM
20ga and 22 user here. Son and I quite enjoy it. The odds of a hit with a 20 ga so far, for us is 100%. Not so with the 22. :)

xtrail
08-28-2014, 02:25 PM
Your not the only one. We tried 22's and found we injured quite a few, so we decided to stick with the 12 gauge. I find a 12 gauge with a shorter barrel(18-20") works much better then a bird barrel(26-28"). There is very minimal meat damage if any. Good Luck out there!

Foxton Gundogs
08-29-2014, 12:12 AM

12 or 20 ga over dogs is the only way to (let) fly lol

Getbent
08-29-2014, 06:54 AM
You bet they do...we came upon a shite load a couple of years back and they were so busy chasing grass hoppers they barely paid us any notice untill we started chowdering em...:)

Getbent
08-29-2014, 07:08 AM
Perfect timing for the youth hunters in region 8. Remember the youth only grouse season starts sept first.
Happy plinking some ditch chickens!
So Grouse are open on the 1st for juniors? Is this just region 8, or am I reading it wrong?
Taking my son up to Loon Lake (Cache Creek) for his first junior and he loves to plink Grouse but I didn't think they were open?

Disregard this post...I just downloaded the new regs and see they have a region 8 junior for grouse....

08-29-2014, 10:16 AM

hell ya,
i have always been amazed at how many people shoot them just to collect them,, 22 and 410
getting out with the dog and 20 ,,, a buddy or Dad,,,, walking along talkin' about whatever,,,, watching the dog..... Shoot them on the wing.,,, way more fun

B-rad
08-29-2014, 01:23 PM
Last year I took quite a few birds with the Benjamin trail .22 cal air rifle,,,,head shots,,,,,quiet gun,,,,,perfect for shooting them while deer huntin

CodyJ
08-29-2014, 04:31 PM
Seeing lots in here in Region 4, all 3 flavours. This will be my Labs first season of real bird hunting, with more then a single grouse per day! !

Just a few more sleeps!!

luckofthedraw
08-29-2014, 07:09 PM

hell ya,
i have always been amazed at how many people shoot them just to collect them,, 22 and 410
getting out with the dog and 20 ,,, a buddy or Dad,,,, walking along talkin' about whatever,,,, watching the dog..... Shoot them on the wing.,,, way more fun

I haven't done this before. Would be awesome though. My Lab is a natural for flushing birds. I don't own a 12 or 20 (yet), is this doable with the 410?

Squamch
08-30-2014, 09:05 AM
Was in 5-04/5-05 first week of august out quadding and ran into some 10 plus coveys.Lotsa grouse out thatta way!

We were in 5-04 last year early October for moose. Was 80+ every day, so moose was a no-go....but the grouse! I'm still eating grouse.

B-rad
08-30-2014, 11:19 AM
Definitely doable with a .410

09-02-2014, 10:40 AM
Do able yes but, 410 doesnt pack any punch. Alot of people will dissagree with me, but 28Ga 20Ga and 12Ga are the choices.
Thing is, when the bird is flying you need shot in the air And powder behind it.

But yes if you are good at it a 410 will work..... just my opinion that a 20Ga is perfect for upland, though i owned a 12 for years before i inherited the 20.....
If you have a Lab you are that much more ahead!

Mikey Rafiki
09-02-2014, 10:47 AM
Hammered my limit of 5 blues on opening day. Nice big legs on these ones. Browning .22 pump action. I'm quite happy we open on the first because the elk hunting was slow.

http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/r685/MikeyRafiki/unnamed_zpsd25122bb.jpg?t=1409679949

B-rad
09-02-2014, 12:30 PM
Good pic,,,,,did u see many more blues after u limited out?,,,,,,I been seeing more blues than ruffles this year,,,,I have 8 more days before I can let the 12 gauge bark at the birds yet

Mikey Rafiki
09-02-2014, 12:59 PM
I saw a handful after, and I should have limited out on the first group I saw because there were about 10 of them together.

LYKTOHUNT
09-02-2014, 01:04 PM
was out in 7-08 yesterday,didn,t see a bird or for that matter a critter of any description also was out getting fire wood on Sat in 5-02 also did not see a bird

luckofthedraw
09-02-2014, 01:16 PM
Do able yes but, 410 doesnt pack any punch. Alot of people will dissagree with me, but 28Ga 20Ga and 12Ga are the choices.
Thing is, when the bird is flying you need shot in the air And powder behind it.

But yes if you are good at it a 410 will work..... just my opinion that a 20Ga is perfect for upland, though i owned a 12 for years before i inherited the 20.....
If you have a Lab you are that much more ahead!

Copy that. I'll giver a go. I do have a lab so it should be fun.

09-02-2014, 01:21 PM
Totally! im not saying dont.... what i am saying is i see a 20 or a 12 in your future!
Keep some wings to train your dog,,, freeze them for the off season,,, toss them off a trail then go back and get the pooch and "Go hunting"
And when you do get to it,,, if i was you id buy a 3"12ga.... you will have waterfowellability then!

luckofthedraw
09-02-2014, 01:26 PM
Oh ya, I deffinetly need to get into waterfowl. Found a sweet little spot and dont have the gun yet ;) Its coming.

albravo2
09-02-2014, 01:31 PM
Time for today's dumb question: doesn't a 12 just pulverize them? I look at what it does to a clay at 40 yards and wouldn't want to try picking the edible bits from that type of impact.

What is the 12 gauge secret? light loads, no choke and lead the bird a bit more?

RugDoctor
09-02-2014, 01:35 PM
^^ X2....I've hit them with a 12 and it was a waste. That's why I was asking about the 410....sounds like the 20 is the ticket though....

luckofthedraw
09-02-2014, 01:40 PM
I use the 410 for grouse and I love it. Trouble is, as people are pointing out to me...they are tougher on the fly. Which I have noticed with my 410. In my case I will continue with the 410, and use a 12 strictly if I am out to enjoy the day with the pooch.

09-02-2014, 01:43 PM
You have to be careful with any shotgun. When people are new to shooting grouse on the wing they shoot too fast....this is why the mod 12 commonly had a poly choke... you could twist it as you changed country..
when in tight country it is tough with a 12 and that is why a 20 is a stitch better for grouse.

There is an art to shotgunning Grouse, not knowing the art is why so many people think a 12 is bad.... i have shot enough birds with both to know a 12 leaves not much more shot in a bird then a 20 when you hit them... if a bird is in a tree or on the ground,,, you always aim for the head, and pay damned good attention to your distance....

but Albravo,,, The 12ga secret is to wait swing wait shoot.

luckofthedraw
09-02-2014, 01:43 PM
Good pic,,,,,did u see many more blues after u limited out?,,,,,,I been seeing more blues than ruffles this year,,,,I have 8 more days before I can let the 12 gauge bark at the birds yet

Its my first season in Kamloops, but I am seeing groups of 4 or more for the most part, and more often then not, they are blues.

09-02-2014, 01:48 PM
sorry my post doesnt read well and i cant seem to edit it......
i mennt to say people shoot to fast . (period) and poly chokes were handy because you could swap'em around as you went through tight cover to open....

B-rad
09-02-2014, 03:56 PM
A little trick to shooting grouse with a 12 gauge,,,,,,,15-25 yards,,,take that split second and put the bead on ur barrel on very top of the head and slowly squeeze trigger like u would a rifle,,,,,,,aprox 90% of the pellets will be focused round the head and neck area,,,,,,,,25-40 yards put the bead right on the eye,,,,,,,,I am also referring to using a full choke,,,,,and the cheap Winchester ammo from Walmart in #6 bird shot

Voxx Boxx
09-06-2014, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the tips!

xtrail
09-06-2014, 04:42 PM
What I find works great is a modified choke with target load in a 12 gauge, aim right at the grouse and then move to the right or left a little, only a few pellets will hit the bird.

buck nash
09-06-2014, 06:40 PM
With a 12g I like #6 steel shot. Aim for the head whenever possible. Don't blast them from 10ft away or you're gonna have a mess. If that's all you got, then aim high. The trouble with where I hunt is the cover is so thick that if you're not quick they're gone.

I also like the 22. I scoped my son's little to hotshot. The length of pull is ridiculously small for an adult but it's very light and deadly accurate. I can snipe them before they're even worried about me. I use cci quite lr ammo. Sometimes I can get 2 or 3 in a group before the rest realize what's happening. If he's broadside you can aim for the area between the breast and spine. Big target and little or no meat damage, especially with the quiets. Even if you do get some breast meat, it just put a little hole in the meat and doesn't shred like a high velocity 22. If he's closer (under 30 or 40 yards) I go for head shots.

If I use these rounds for rabbits I always go for head shots. There's not enough punch in these rounds to stop a bunny in its tracks with a boiler room shot and they tend to run into their holes and vanish.

B-rad
09-08-2014, 09:03 AM
Seen couple groups of sharp tailed grouse yesterday stump lake area,,,,,,and a few days ago seen 4 pheasant between kamloops and chase on back road coming home from sockeye salmon fishing

B-rad
09-09-2014, 05:00 AM
Sooooo many blues,,,they taunting me,,,,,woooohoooo,,,,,1 more day then I can have Kentucky fried grouse!!!

dak0ta
09-09-2014, 05:01 PM
Hey how is Region 2 doing anybody know?

caddisguy
09-09-2014, 06:30 PM
Hey how is Region 2 doing anybody know?

It's better than average for Region 2 but still only 1/10 as good as Region 5. I was seeing lots here in the spring and hearing drumming everywhere. Gf got attacked by one... hissing and growling (the grouse was) never seen a critter rage so badly. Glad it wasn't a bear! Also saw a few that got run over. Last outing only one sighting though... a mom and one cheeper which was still surprisingly small, maybe the size of a freshly hatched gosling. Not sure what that was about. Do grouse ever have a second batch?

I'm off tomorrow morning until Sunday to try and whack some of the deer on my trailcams. Bringing the 22 along for sure.

Sasqman
09-10-2014, 07:51 AM
I've seen more in region 2 this year than in the past few. Quite a few families of 3 or more. Hopefully can I can still find them in the coming weeks.

buck nash
09-10-2014, 10:41 AM
It's better than average for Region 2 but still only 1/10 as good as Region 5. I was seeing lots here in the spring and hearing drumming everywhere. Gf got attacked by one... hissing and growling (the grouse was) never seen a critter rage so badly. Glad it wasn't a bear! Also saw a few that got run over. Last outing only one sighting though... a mom and one cheeper which was still surprisingly small, maybe the size of a freshly hatched gosling. Not sure what that was about. Do grouse ever have a second batch?

I'm off tomorrow morning until Sunday to try and whack some of the deer on my trailcams. Bringing the 22 along for sure.

I saw a lot of wee tiny grouse last week as well. They were mixed into clutches of 4-10 birds. Some were regular sized while some were just bigger than a pigeon. This was in region 3.

I can't get over how many large clutches I saw though. I only saw a few singles compared to the dozens of groups. There were grouse everywhere!!

It should make that time between the deer's morning and evening rush hours a little more fun.

B-rad
09-12-2014, 03:13 PM
Can't drive or walk without seeing birds,,,,,,lots of ruffies and blues,,,,,have not seen much spruce grouse though

Sofa King
09-12-2014, 03:16 PM
I haven't seen any grouse yet.
lots of rabbits though.

B-rad
09-12-2014, 04:10 PM
I haven't seen even 1 rabbit yet this year

HarryToolips
09-12-2014, 08:39 PM
I've seen decent amounts of grouse this year, and the rabbits look to be doing very well in the normal areas I see em...

finngun
09-12-2014, 09:40 PM
SOOO many grouses... yeah but WHERE???
TODAY I WAS roadhunting them north of barrier..little forth .we drove near 100km back country and didn't see A SINGLE grouse..no blue..no ruffed..no anything else,,just one poor doe....i hunted there 3 years ago..and roads and forest are overgrowing...no much to see ...don't go back,,till snow flies and i can see tracks f-g

B-rad
09-13-2014, 01:27 PM
Wow,,kinda surprised this morning,,,never seen 1 grouse,,,,,,went from seeing tons to not one at all today

250 sav
09-13-2014, 02:57 PM
Me and my son saw 40- 50 blues in a evening hunt yesterday brought 7 home for dinner

henderson
09-13-2014, 02:59 PM
Went out this morning with my sister and girlfriend up the coq. Just a quick hunt, sister is getting more into the outdoors and thought this was a great way to spend time together. On our first road maybe 20 mins we had 5 ruffies bagged. So we ended the morning driving around sight seeing. Ran into a couple COs up the Murray lake road after a quick check and a longer chat away we went. All in all it was a great day. Grandpa's 410 still drops em and the sister thinks this hunting thing is too easy (ha).

Voxx Boxx
09-13-2014, 10:09 PM
Same here--not one in sight. I was hoping a grouse would be my first animal this year (or ever) but it was still a nice time out with the kids.

Wow,,kinda surprised this morning,,,never seen 1 grouse,,,,,,went from seeing tons to not one at all today

markomoose
09-14-2014, 12:33 AM
The kid and I saw a ton of grouse this evening(We counted 18 in 3 hours)Coveys of three to five.Almost ran over two on the quad.Only shot 3.Next time two .410's

B-rad
09-14-2014, 09:04 AM
Got my 5 ruffies out of 2 coveys last night up above stump lake,,,,,still no rabbits yet though,,,,gonna try and get a few chuckars tonight

Canadian276
09-14-2014, 01:56 PM
I havent been out yet this season. I always carry my 410 in my pack with me just for grouse. I walked right up to a blue last year and was able to put the bead 1" from his head. took the head off and no need to worry about pulling any pellets out of the meat.

luckofthedraw
09-14-2014, 03:54 PM
Got my 5 ruffies out of 2 coveys last night up above stump lake,,,,,still no rabbits yet though,,,,gonna try and get a few chuckars tonight

Double check when Chuckars open first. I believe they are an Oct.1 bird.

B-rad
09-14-2014, 08:50 PM
Yup chuckar oct 1st,,,,,,,still went out scouting them,,,,seen lots just inside city limits,,,,,small handfull in shootin territory though,,,,they should move up quite ways in couple weeks for opening season on them though

kurtl
09-15-2014, 10:59 AM
I got 5 grouse on the weekend with my 20 gauge. Took a couple pics with the dogs.

Here is Kienzle my German Shorthair Pointer

http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag352/kurtl525/cc37b399-d853-4b0a-9b1f-37f775fde0b7_zps86d23406.jpg (http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/kurtl525/media/cc37b399-d853-4b0a-9b1f-37f775fde0b7_zps86d23406.jpg.html)

And Brewster my Airedale Terrier

http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag352/kurtl525/eda9188e-08c0-4230-a72c-e73fe2deef0b_zps7dea374e.jpg (http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/kurtl525/media/eda9188e-08c0-4230-a72c-e73fe2deef0b_zps7dea374e.jpg.html)

caddisguy
09-15-2014, 01:37 PM
I saw a fair number of grouse in Region 2 over the weekend. Sadly they were all under thick cover and saw me and flushed before I saw them. Armed with only a 22, there was nothing I could do except watch them flush, one after another. I did not see a single bird out in the open that I could snipe... just flushing from thick cover. I really need to find me a cheap shotgun.

Crazy_Farmer
09-15-2014, 01:54 PM
Tons in region 8. In just a couple days had 10-11 ruffles between three of us. And let a bunch go. Very nice to see so many as they had a good spring and summer dry dry dry

howa1500
09-15-2014, 02:10 PM
Saw tonnes around Merritt, we got our limit quickly, later in the day, we saw one covey of 6 birds and another of 7! Never seen so many in our area!

B-rad
09-15-2014, 02:44 PM
Got 8 this mornin,,,,5 ruffies,,,3 blues,,,,,,,got 2 of the ruffies with one shot,,,was a good birding morning

finngun
09-15-2014, 08:23 PM
And the limit per day is.?:mrgreen:

dime
09-15-2014, 09:35 PM
5 of each species per person per day to a total of 15 in aggregate. Maybe you should read the regs.

finngun
09-15-2014, 10:06 PM
5 of each species per person per day to a total of 15 in aggregate. Maybe you should read the regs. well..i was just testing ya:tongue: ya passed it..

upcomer
09-15-2014, 10:17 PM
5 of each species per person per day to a total of 15 in aggregate. Maybe you should read the regs.

For Dusky, Spruce and Ruffed grouse, the daily aggregate bag limit is 5; the aggregate possession limit is 15.

you guys sure? The way I read that is 5 grouse total per day, with a possession limit (i.e. # of grouse back in the cooler at camp) being 15.

dak0ta
09-15-2014, 11:01 PM
I think the keyword is '5 of EACH species per person per day to a total of 15 in aggregate.'

B-rad
09-15-2014, 11:31 PM
In region 3 it's 5 per species a day,,,,up to a maximum of 10 total combined limit a day

dime
09-16-2014, 08:29 AM
Sorry, you are right, every MU has a different daily aggregate and possession limit. On Vancouver Island, you are allowed 5 blue grouse and 5 ruffed grouse per person per day. One should always read the regs to verify the totals in each MU before hunting.

finngun
09-16-2014, 09:26 AM
And somebody is still saying.....regs are easy and clear:confused:

heyblast
09-16-2014, 09:43 AM
For Dusky, Spruce and Ruffed grouse, the daily aggregate bag limit is 5; the aggregate possession limit is 15.

you guys sure? The way I read that is 5 grouse total per day, with a possession limit (i.e. # of grouse back in the cooler at camp) being 15.

Thats how how I read it too.

keoke
09-16-2014, 10:11 AM
I hope you guys are buying individual tags for all these grouse your getting.

B-rad
09-16-2014, 03:44 PM
Got my first 4 male spruce grouse of the year,,,,gorgeous little grouse,,,,awesome plumage on them,,,,,finally seen 2 rabbits this mornin too,,,,way too quick for a shot though,,,,and 2 decent size black bear,,,,,was pretty good couple hours this mornin

B-rad
09-17-2014, 02:55 PM
Wow slow mornin,,,,,,only seen 2 ruffies,,,,,,I got 1 of em anyways with the 12 gauge up on Eileen lake road,,,,was expecting more of em up there,,,,usually a really good area for chickens

B-rad
09-18-2014, 01:44 PM
She was a wet one this mornin,,,,managed to harvest 4 ruffies and 1 blue,,,,,,the birds didn't start moving till round 10 this mornin,,,,,was kinda nice,,,,got to take my time sippin on my java

North Arm Knives
09-18-2014, 03:20 PM
Getting excited to get out for some grouse! Just did my core last weekend. Anyone bow hunt for them?

-mike