PDA

View Full Version : Bowhunters wanted to cull deer near abbotsford

randymac
08-25-2014, 07:55 AM
found this on craigslist
http://abbotsford.craigslist.ca/zip/4635777997.html

"If you are licensed hunter for Deer
You can do on my farm with $0.00 cost mean Free in Abbotsford .Their heard gas grown so much they destroyed 10 acres of Berry crop."

Steeleco
08-25-2014, 07:58 AM
Berry fed Blacktails OMG I wish I had a bow!! That area is thick with deer, I've almost hit 2 this summer on the bike.

Wild one
08-25-2014, 08:07 AM
Not that many deer around there really but there is some. Don't buy the level of crop damage stated.

The fact it was posted on craigslist this bowhunter wants nothing to do with it. I can just imagine the number of guys who responded ran out and bought a bow or xbow just to hunt these deer.

Steeleco
08-25-2014, 08:10 AM
They seem easy to find at dusk on the edges of the roads. Your right though, that add is going to make salmon fishing look like a gentleman's sport!

Elkhound
08-25-2014, 08:36 AM
tree stands in every second tree. lol like fishing the vedder river. Elbow to elbow

Wild one
08-25-2014, 08:50 AM
They seem easy to find at dusk on the edges of the roads. Your right though, that add is going to make salmon fishing look like a gentleman's sport!

Not saying the numbers are bad but they are nothing crazy like the add makes them out to be. Buck numbers are really not that high but they are around. If it was either sex it would be OK. I know for a fact there are bowhunters who hunt the general area already and it is not a slam dunk hunt.

I see them at dusk a lot as well but it is normally the same ones every time. Also the area in the add is not one of the areas I see high numbers

The main thing the landowner probably does not realize once the berries are done they move and this makes it a short window. Unless his property holds on of the large patches of bush in the area not many will stay.

I could hunt a number of properties in this area and I don't bother. One nice thing the piebald gene is in the area but I have only seen does

Big Lew
08-25-2014, 09:26 AM
I know of a similar situation on the north side of the river where the local deer damage the blue berry plants. A farmer adjacent to the property actually hunts the area, but as he's only allowed to take bucks, he has little impact. Most of these deer are very nocturnal. Every fall a transient big buck comes through and collects the does which gives the plants some relief for awhile until they come back for the winter.

Steeleco
08-25-2014, 10:13 AM
Not saying the numbers are bad but they are nothing crazy like the add makes them out to be.

Agreed, hell it's Abby not Princeton!! Besides, the skeptic in me is starting to think it's Craigslist??
There's a Piebald doe that lives in and around the top of 232nd near the Salmon river area. Only ever seen her before first light. She's big too!!

danfloris
08-25-2014, 02:40 PM
Add was pulled off Craig's

danfloris
08-25-2014, 03:54 PM
Ok. I emailed this guy and this is the response I got. Sounds more like a scam to me then anything.

I am just over belimed by the response.
This is costly in time to respond to every one.
But I did not know how much demand there is for this.
Now I like to find out .What would any one be willing to offer if
let this to take place on my farm.
I also need to know will I become liable for any for any thing.
I do not want to authorise more than one individual or a club.
As I remember a guide was shot dead by mistake by a student up north 15 years back.
I be am afraid of such accident . One Hunter does not injure or kill another person .
Please tell me what trade service or compensation you can offer.
If you are a business person how you can help me start or some business.
I am 63 Mechanical production Engineering from England
Furniture making for 30 years in Canada
I can use plumbing service
Small back hoe service need 18 deep trench for waterline
Electric pole and service main on this farm by the road on Mt.Lehman Rd
Electrical wiring must be certified
HOW CAN ONE CREATE BUSINESS OF ANY KIND ON THE FARM THAT WILL GENERATE INCOME .IT CAN BE GAME RELATED HAVE CLEAR LAND AS WELL AS LOT OF TREES AND BUSH .
I trust some one out there has a very smart intelligence .
Builder construction trade or business

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 2:31 PM,

BillyGoatKid
08-25-2014, 03:57 PM
Yes his writing reads just as one would expect from an English Engineer.

Steeleco
08-25-2014, 04:01 PM
He want's to know how to make money on a farm yet complains that 10 acres of his berries have been eaten. Not to mention all the other tripe he wants.

The old adage rings loud. "If it's too good to be true!!!"

bc_buckshot
08-25-2014, 04:02 PM
This offer is a BUST!!!....red flags up everywhere. I actually emailed this craiglist offer to see what he will say and might be a good offer. Heres the response i got. You make the decision

From: "craigslist 4635777997" <83mmp-4635777997@sale.craigslist.org>
Date: August 25, 2014 at 3:45:54 PM PDT
To: d2674b0a832d344891be69129564f201@reply.craigslist. org
Subject: Re: Bow hunting deers

I am just over belimed by the response.
This is costly in time to respond to every one.
But I did not know how much demand there is for this.
Now I like to find out .What would any one be willing to offer if
let this to take place on my farm.
I also need to know will I become liable for any for any thing.
I do not want to authorise more than one individual or a club.
As I remember a guide was shot dead by mistake by a student up north 15 years back.
I be am afraid of such accident . One Hunter does not injure or kill another person .
Please tell me what trade service or compensation you can offer.
If you are a business person how you can help me start or some business.
I am 63 Mechanical production Engineering from England
Furniture making for 30 years in Canada
I can use plumbing service
Small back hoe service need 18 deep trench for waterline
Electric pole and service main on this farm by the road on Mt.Lehman Rd
Electrical wiring must be certified
HOW CAN ONE CREATE BUSINESS OF ANY KIND ON THE FARM THAT WILL GENERATE INCOME .IT CAN BE GAME RELATED HAVE CLEAR LAND AS WELL AS LOT OF TREES AND BUSH .
I trust some one out there has a very smart intelligence .
Builder construction trade or business

mcmullmar
08-25-2014, 04:11 PM
I got the same thing

The Dawg
08-25-2014, 04:21 PM
Ill betcha hes got an idea, it just requires some money that he will pay you back...perhaps hes 'over seas' and is a Nigerian Prince?

Doesnt sound too 'English' to me.

Rob Chipman
08-25-2014, 05:23 PM
OK, I'm taking my bow back to Canadian Tire now.

f350ps
08-25-2014, 06:08 PM
Ill betcha hes got an idea, it just requires some money that he will pay you back...perhaps hes 'over seas' and is a Nigerian Prince?

Doesnt sound too 'English' to me.
Tons of these Punjabi's come here via the UK, doesn't mean they speak any better English! K

Big Lew
08-25-2014, 07:37 PM
OK, I'm taking my bow back to Canadian Tire now.

That's pretty good!