PDA

View Full Version : Gettin Old and Ship Happens !!!!!!!!

greybark
08-24-2014, 05:38 PM
Several weeks ago after using a pooper scooper to pick up the messes of a new pup in the back yard I proceeded into the house to empty the fully loaded bucket into the toilet . In between the kitchen ( where the pup was kept) and the living room was a 30 in high plastic childs gate that sometimes I opened and sometime being lazy would just step over it .
As often quoted "Shit Happens" . Half way over with a full load my foot caught the top of the gate and the scooper and I went flying . I landed rather hard on the floor which resulted in a large swollen knee and a rather colourful leg . After striking the floor with my head I remember just laying there and being unable to move just thinking about what a lazy fool I was. The repetative jolt to an often broken coller bone that now is almost large enough to hang my bow on . LOL
Reality set in after getting to my my feet , I saw a wonderful scene of wall to wall dog poop in the kitchen .Sort of an vivid Andy Warhol thingy .
Getting old is not what it`s cracked up to be .LOL
Now on the move and thinking of bowhunting for Elk !!!!!!!!!
Cheers

Fred1
08-24-2014, 05:40 PM
Dad? That you?! ;)

Fella
08-24-2014, 06:26 PM
Heck, it sounds like something that I'd do and I'm not even 30 yet

Sofa King
08-24-2014, 06:29 PM
sounds shitty.

Peter Pepper
08-24-2014, 06:34 PM
Maybe you can get a grant from the Canada council for the arts and sell you 'sheet' art. Lord knows they have paid out tax payers money for worse!(e.g. the rotten rabbit carcass art)
hope you are ok. Take it easy, let it heal properly. you don't want to mess up your season.

Bugle M In
08-24-2014, 07:36 PM
Getting old isn't for the weak!!

panhead
08-24-2014, 08:41 PM
Any pictures?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alcohol, a maritime tradition

dougan
08-24-2014, 08:55 PM
I know I'm getting old I had to get up and piss in the middle of the night yesterday!!! Hope you heel up quick

boxhitch
08-24-2014, 09:01 PM
I hear ya G
Had a moment today myself. Up high on a wobbly 20 ft extension ladder , about to use a chainsaw to trim the fit of a beam to the top of a 14 ft post so cutting horizontal notch at eye level.. 'Back the truck up' , climbed down with shaking knees .
Used to do this kind of stuff all the time without thinking

markomoose
08-24-2014, 09:53 PM
YUP ,Legs don't lift as high as they used to!

wrenchhead
08-24-2014, 10:45 PM
Should have called the city to clean it up. That is unreal having to flush dog crap.