PDA

View Full Version : Moved to Bc

Ramjam
08-24-2014, 05:17 AM
Hi guys just moved to Blind Bay from Hinton and it looks like I can hunt as a non resident until I have been here for 6 months ? I think I just have to show proof of a Hunter Training course to get a hunter number ? Anybody been thru this move before with some insight ? Also how is the hunting in this area ? Thanks in advance.

allan
08-24-2014, 06:30 AM
Welcome to BC
some will tell you that you need to have a joke in your first post.
hunting in BC is good, depends where you live what you have in your backyard.
Add a joke to your first post and you'll get a better response.

Gateholio
08-24-2014, 06:41 AM
No joke required to post on HBC.

Show your Alberta hunting credentials and they are transferable.

6 months wait for a resident lic. You can buy a non resident small game lic if you just want to get out

Ramjam
08-24-2014, 06:49 AM
Okay allan here you go !

What is a man's idea of a balanced diet?
A Budweiser in each hand!

remps
08-24-2014, 07:14 AM
Good joke, havent heard that one before! Ya it all depends where you wanna hunt or what you are hunting for. Just like Alberta, BC is a big place. It sucks waiting to become a resident butnleaves you with some time to focus ongetting out and doing some good scouting for next year
year

Papa Sasquatch
08-24-2014, 07:16 AM
The joke is a HBC Cultural tradition.
Why do Sasquatch throw their money in the river?
It has two banks to choose from.

fuzzybiscuit
08-24-2014, 10:17 AM
Welcome Ramjam. Beautiful part of the province you moved to.

For the next 6 months you are a hunter without a province. Like posted above, you will have to wait 6 months to become a resident of BC hunter even though the minute you move out of Alberta you cease being a resident hunter of that province. Crappy deal but it will be worth the wait.

Ramjam
08-24-2014, 10:44 AM
well it looks like I can at least buy a deer tag and hunt as a non resident ?
RL

d6dan
08-24-2014, 11:04 AM
well it looks like I can at least buy a deer tag and hunt as a non resident ?
RL
You'll need a hunter host.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/pasb/applications/process/accompany_hunt.html#steps

kentucky
08-24-2014, 04:40 PM
Ramjam. I live close to you in Tappen. Pm me if interested in hunting partner. Kentucky.

Ramjam
08-25-2014, 07:55 AM
Thanks for all the info guys !

RL

finngun
08-27-2014, 10:52 PM
hi ramjam i,m in BB wellcome best place in bc..shuswapa is beautiful.. please join s-a..n gun-fishing club..its really good..:-D with new 300y range..

Ramjam
08-29-2014, 11:24 AM
Yes I will join the club.

wsetter
08-29-2014, 06:14 PM
Welcome to Blind Bay, Been here 8 years myself. Currently stuck working in Hinton till the 5th. Hopefully make it back to get the last of bow season in. White Lake is nice and close and always seems to hold a few deer and Moose. Mind you it does get a fair bit of pressure throughout the season. Lots of great opportunities in our area as well as the rest of Region 3, Best of luck and if you are in need of a partner give me a shout, always down for hunting with new people. And if your interested the Fire department is always looking for new members. Tuesday nights at 7pm

hotshotrocket
09-30-2014, 06:55 AM
I moved from Alberta also (7 years ago to Penticton).I decided to start Hunting again this year after an 18 year Absence from Hunting. Late last year,I scanned my Alberta Hunting Training Certificate from Grade 9 (1982) to BC Registry and they accepted it. Went down and got my Hunters Number late last year. And now im a Hunter again.!!