PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Bauer (yes, Eddie Bauer)

David
08-22-2014, 10:50 AM
For non-camo gear, does anyone have experience with the First Ascent line sold through Eddie Bauer?

To date, I've been finding most everyone's mid-priced offerings crap value for the dollar (I'm looking at you MEC, North Face, Arc-teryx, etc.).

I bought these light-weight summer hiking pants for $50 or less (on sale) and they have been amazing:
http://www.eddiebauer.com/product/guide-pants/12951063/_/A-ebSku_0290635707009294__12951063_catalog10002_en__ US?showProducts=&backToCat=Pants%20_%20Shorts&previousPage=GNAV&tab=first%20ascent&dcolor=707

Just wondering if anyone has experience with their packs, tents, jackets, fleeces, etc.

David
Note:
This is the First Ascent brand, not the regular Eddie Bauer stuff.

Tuffcity
08-22-2014, 09:20 PM
I've been using some of the First Ascent gear for a few years- its awesome. :) You can pick up some decent stuff for cheap on their end of season sales. Year 4 on a pair of light weight rain pants (and its been used hard) and also have a down shirt that's been amazing.

No experience with the gear other than some of the clothing.

RC

dak0ta
08-22-2014, 11:39 PM
The regular EB hunting gear is pretty decent and comfortable. They have the more vintage style of hunting clothes from yesteryear like the Goose-down vests with the recoil pads sewn in and pockets for shells as well as hunting jackets in forest green with pockets etc.

Foxtail
08-23-2014, 06:35 AM
I have had really good luck with Columbia stuff. It has gone up in price over the years though.

skuntor
08-23-2014, 07:07 AM
First Ascent is good. I have the BC jacket (they have a new one now) and the shell pant. Also have a fleece jacket that is great. Both are the weatheredge pro and I've been happy with both. Got both 50% off around US thanksgiving. Sales haven't been as good as they used to. Thinking about getting one of their ski jackets. Biggest thing for me was they came in tall sizes. Real tall size and not 34 inseam!
I've owned Columbia and this stuff is way better.

Tarp Man
08-23-2014, 12:57 PM
I like the First Ascent stuff too. Actual tall sizes and they've had some awards too from Backapcker and Outside magazines. Check out the clearance sale stuff. Pretty good deals if you're an over or under average size

boxhitch
08-23-2014, 05:44 PM
They used to have a store in Kelowna , bought a couple items back then , pre-First Accent iirc..
Latest buy was a packable down sweater , bought in Whistler

hellojello74
08-26-2014, 07:44 AM
There down hoodies are nice and well priced. Other stuff is great quality. Definetly getting way more bang for buck compared to other big name stuff. The fa line is them trying to get back market share so good quality competitively priced.