PDA

View Full Version : Side by Side or beefed up Samurai/Sidekick

Kapow
08-22-2014, 08:47 AM
What would you rather have and why? My buddy can't decide between a 12000$ sidebyside or 4000$ sidekick that's loaded with off-road accessories (winch, skid plate, mudtires, lift etc) I don't want to be biased as to what I have, so he can read this thread and make his own decision. Thanks

GotaGun
08-22-2014, 09:02 AM
Well I got the tracker .hardtop winch lift kit etc.
Saved alot of dollars over the sxs because I kept the doors, roof, heater, stereo etc. And the biggy its street legal. Lol
I've hunted in a sxs and quad. All my buddies do.
Decided on the tracker last year. Now I have buddies that want to ride shotgun all time.

My tracker makes day trips super easy.
Week long trips in the bush with buddies , and you wake up in the morning with sub zero weather and a bit of snow and all the guys have quads and sxs and i'm warming up my tracker and climbing in with a coffee. and turning on the heater all the other guys give me the i'm number one with there finger??? and fighting for the passenger seat...

LYKTOHUNT
08-22-2014, 09:08 AM
Well I got the tracker .hardtop winch lift kit etc.
Saved alot of dollars over the sxs because I kept the doors roof heater stereo etc. And the biggy its street legal. Lol
I've hunted in a sxs and quad. All my buddies do.
Decided on the tracker laat year. Now I have buddies that want to ride shotgun all time. X2 on this but some people say you can go in a tracker anywhere you can in a side by side, this I cannot agree to unless you have some very serious up grades,that would likely make the tracker not road legal

Gilmore
08-22-2014, 09:28 AM
They each have there own advantages and you've listed most of them above for the Tracker/Sidekick.

It totally depends what your idea of use is. There is a particular road we use to access a hillside in late November for Mulies, you will not get in and out of there with a Tracker in the snow and ice. Actually you may get in but you won't get out. The hillside is about a 90 minute hike off the quads...about a 3 hour hike without them. I don't know if anybody has been over the Hurley FSR out of Pemberton lately but its a mess...45 mins on a quad took me close to 2 hrs in my pickup last weekend.

mike-juliet
08-22-2014, 09:29 AM
My vote goes tracker.. I have one, as do 4 of my buddies. Quads? SxS's are fun but a tracker/sidekick makes life so easy. Buy yourself a tracker for fairly inexpensive, I picked mine up for $2200, Low Range off road sells a budget 2" suspension lift kit with shocks for $300. Put a set of Hockey pucks on the cab mounts to lift the body an inch for tire clearance. Slap a set of 31x10x15 MT tires on it and you are all set. A good set of bumpers and a winch wouldnt hurt either.

http://s12.postimg.org/vmc35m60t/539300_10152110748300367_1742964036_n.jpg
https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/281092_10152214897620228_2041114827_o.jpg

Sofa King
08-22-2014, 09:39 AM
this looks like it's off sunset main

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/281092_10152214897620228_2041114827_o.jpg

Sofa King
08-22-2014, 09:42 AM
I would think the decision is a no-brainer.
$4000 vs $12000.
think of all the things one could do with that other $8000.
I'll stick with my quad though, I hardly even use it that much as I prefer hiking.
i'll use it pretty much just to get to certain areas.

Sofa King
08-22-2014, 09:43 AM
does anyone know the differences/comparisons between the sidekicks and the trackers?

mike-juliet
08-22-2014, 09:48 AM
does anyone know the differences/comparisons between the sidekicks and the trackers?

Trackers have no power steering, slight interior differences, All trackers have 1.6L engines vs early trackers had 1.3Ls Other than the cosmetics they are the same

digginsweatinswearin
08-22-2014, 09:53 AM
A couple years ago, ran into a bunch of guy's up hunting and I have never seen such perfectly matched camo. They arrived at camp fully decked out then proceeded to unload the bright yellow 15,000 dollar side by side that they would be hunting in. When they headed out in the morning, I checked the reg's and sure enough they were breaking the rules.

sausage lover
08-22-2014, 09:54 AM
My wife and I picked up a used Kawasaki mule couple seasons ago for 4900$ and love it for hunting. Swampers winch locking diff and 800lb dump bed. super good on fuel but can get chilly in late oct. If cab and heater are a biggy i would go sidekick, adding a cab heater set up to a sxs is big bux!

Sofa King
no power steering in the trackers?
that alone would make me choose a suzy.

Rob Chipman
If the Tracker/Sidekick is street legal don't you also avoid ATV/off road vehicle restrictions? I'm thinking about Region 5, for example, where you're restricted on use until later in the day.

Sofa King
08-22-2014, 10:04 AM
If the Tracker/Sidekick is street legal don't you also avoid ATV/off road vehicle restrictions? I'm thinking about Region 5, for example, where you're restricted on use until later in the day.

that's probably another bonus.
a lot of the guys I've seen out with the side-by-sides are strictly road-hunting.
they'll take all the side-roads and bigger trails, but I've followed them completely with my 4runner.

where the side-by-sides really excel over say a sidekick would be in the high-speed performance areas.
ripping around and taking jumps and shit.

Kapow
08-22-2014, 10:05 AM
I have a sidekick and a tracker. The sidekick has ac and power steering which is a bonus. The tracker still works good with the armstrong steering too. Lower gears and a locking or welded rear diff make a world of difference for off-roading.

mike-juliet
08-22-2014, 10:09 AM
where the side-by-sides really excel over say a sidekick would be in the high-speed performance areas.
ripping around and taking jumps and shit.

I beg to differ... Hitch a ride with one of us and we will show you the meaning of "High Speed Low Drag Hunting"

Barracuda
08-22-2014, 10:10 AM
hands down a SXS will outperform a tracker off road in almost every situation but you will never be able to use an non highway lisenced vehicle in many places and between certain hours so that is where the tracker type vehicle really shines .

A power steering is not an issue at all on a tracker so I wouldn't even worry about it. Street legal is also great for that fast run into town for supplies .

hunterkyle
08-22-2014, 10:22 AM
I have 2 trackers a 94 and a 97 and they both have power steering. They are both built up by altered ego motorsports(Zuki nation) of kelowna and I can't imagine hunting without them. Granted there's about 18 000 put into each of them. They both have 4.5" suspension lifts, skid plates, bumpers, high performance engine mods , exhaust, wheels and tires plus cost of a nice rust free vehicle. I also had a side by side and still have a quad but never really use them because the tracker is too comfortable in lousy weather. Plus you can drive it to and from your hunting area whereas I would have to trailer the side by side. Actually am selling one so if interested check out the forum "off topic items" for sale

GotaGun
08-22-2014, 10:57 AM
no power steering in the trackers?
that alone would make me choose a suzy.
sidekick,tracker all made by suzuki. even asuna sunrunner, the gmc versions usaully had more options, but they are all the same,all made by suzuki just rebadged, and some options thrown on.
p/s can be bought as a used system for about 300 bucks and put into anyone,

GotaGun
08-22-2014, 11:05 AM
Mine.
95 tracker. p/s 16valve with header ,5sp with, removable hardtop and a soft top, 98% rust free =$1900 (searched to find a clean one)
3" altered ego lift kit =$700
bumpers altered ego & 8000 lb winch = $1600
4 almost new snow tires = $200
Labour "0"

Kami
08-22-2014, 11:05 AM
If you want to rip around the bush quick, jumping and sliding around turns, then a side by side wins. If you want a hunting rig, in my opinion, a Samurai/Sidekick is hard to beat.

Here are a list of my positives for a Suzuki:

Road Legal. Put a plate on it and drive right from home. No trailering needed meaning it'll take up less space at home.

Cab with heat, comfortable seats, windshield with wipers and defrost. Stereo with iPod hook up. A nice warm heated cab for a lunch warm up in late season hunting.

I' m pretty sure it's better on fuel burn versus a sxs. Mine is a 1.6L. Gets about 24 mpg with 30.5 tires.

Plenty of used parts readily available locally. Price out extra options like a cab, heat and stereo for a sxs. I expect if
you go to the dealer it will be pretty pricey.

Check out Altered Ego Motorsports on the net. They are located in Kelowna and offer a lot of cool options and performance upgrades.

David
08-22-2014, 11:18 AM
*sigh*
Width - a SXS is much narrower than a Trackick - how wide are the trails/roads you are driving?
Weight - a SXS is much lighter and has a lower impact on the ground than even 12.5" tires on a Trackick - are you worried about sinking?
Ride - a SXS has independent rear suspension, a Trackick has a solid rear axle but slightly longer wheelbase - generally speaking the SXS will have a smoother ride.
Fuel economy - at low speeds a SXS will have better fuel economy, at high speeds the Trackick
Range - despite the fuel economy advantage, the SXS has a much smaller tank so you will get more range in a Trackick
Power - Although having 1/2 the displacement, the SXS will have more low speed torque due to gearing, however; you can buy an aftermarket 4.7:1 t-case set for the Sidekick - really a toss-up IMO. There are also other factors like towing, wheel/tire diameter, etc. that makes power a section worthy of it's own thread.
Streetability - you can drive the Trackick from home to the hunting spot, not so with the SXS.
Ergonomics - Trackick has heat, stereo, roll-up windows, etc. but do need to balance this with ride comfort/suspension pliability (see above).
Weight - a modified Trackick is going to be 2.5X to 3X the weight of a SXS (stock is 2X to 2.5X) - although you can snatch block, a similar "stuck" will require 3X the winching/pulling/towing capacity.

I think that's pretty much everything.

My advice would be if you're doing de-commissioned logging roads, you're probably fine with a modified trackick. If you're doing cut lines, etc. you will want the SXS.

Edit:
And I'd take a Trackick over a Samurai - the ride on a Samurai SUCKS. And as much as my final purchase on parts would be local, you want to look at trailtough.com for the largest list of modifications you can do to the vehicle.

Moose63
08-22-2014, 02:05 PM
Suzuki Samurai, fun to drive, easy to fix, holds it's value more due to "Zuki - Nation" enthusiasts

http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af67/rdeiaco/th_0010_16A_zps1fc279d6.jpg

Stone Sheep Steve
08-22-2014, 03:03 PM
As mentioned their preformance isnt the same

But one will cost you money and the other will save you money.

SSS

deadlyshot19
08-22-2014, 04:10 PM
Sidekick would be my personal choice unless your getting into some real dicey stuff.

Cheers,

Darksith
08-22-2014, 04:18 PM
Side by Side. I have one, it goes more places, can actually pack an entire moose in the back easily, is more comfortable/roomy, and way more fun! You can't take a samurai or sidekick into a lot of areas of the province, but you can take a SxS...muskwa ketchitka if you pick the right one as a prime example. Slap tracks on the SxS and you now have a all year toy that is way more versitile than a Sami...I can put an enclosure on my SxS and have heat, they can be outfitted with a stereo in the roof quite easily...bottom line is the Samurai will be used for 3 maybe 4 months a year, I use my SxS all year long. Way better of an investment, and it will get me and a boat into some fishing holes that you won't get into with the Sami. Take the fun route, they are awesome...and they hold their value quite nicely, but why would I ever sell it?

huntingfamily
08-22-2014, 04:56 PM
Here's another recent thread:
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?106486-ATV-vs-Side-by-Side&highlight=side

VDD Group Canada

LYKTOHUNT
08-22-2014, 05:29 PM
I have a Quad and a tracker, they both have there advantages I just pick the best option but i do find I use the tracker more, -20 and the tracker is the choice, I like the heater and the Sirius radio, the deer fits just nice where I took the back seats out, maybe I am just getting old, but I still know how to use my boots when I need to

Ry151
08-22-2014, 05:45 PM
X2 on this but some people say you can go in a tracker anywhere you can in a side by side, this I cannot agree to unless you have some very serious up grades,that would likely make the tracker not road legal
I can go anywhere a side by side can go with only 30" bfgs and 2" lift. A side by side might go through something easier but I will still get through with out much fuss. Really really Steep hills is the only place a side by side will go I can't with out using a winch. Between the cost and being able to drive it on the road the Suzuki is sweet especially when the weather turns!!! But get the standard because the auto is gutless with big tires and harder on fuel!!!

i quad will still out do a Suzuki and side by side in my opinion but it's in a different class in my opinion

Kami
08-22-2014, 05:53 PM
Another point I thought of in favour of the Suzuki.

I had 2 quads. One for my son, one for me. We hunted together and enjoyed them very much. He's early teen, not yet legal to get his drivers license. The quads got us out spending quality time together having fun. An opportunity came up to get out of the quads. My son suggested a Suzuki to try. I went for it. What I discovered was when we hunt in the Suzuki we talk. We spend hours together some days in the Zuki. It can take teenagers a few hours to let themselves open up. The conversations have been awesome. That couldn't happen when we we were out on 2 quads. Another illegal but great point is once we get off the FSR I let him drive. He's learned to drive the 5 speed manual in my Zuki. He loves it and actually asks often, if we can go again soon so he can drive.

Maybe be this means nothing to you. Depends on where you are in life. For me, and my son? Zuki any day. Life changes. When he moves on one day I may have a quad again. God knows I don't need to spend hours in the Zuki listening to my wife. LOL.

Ry151
08-22-2014, 05:53 PM
Side by Side. I have one, it goes more places, can actually pack an entire moose in the back easily, is more comfortable/roomy, and way more fun! You can't take a samurai or sidekick into a lot of areas of the province, but you can take a SxS...muskwa ketchitka if you pick the right one as a prime example. Slap tracks on the SxS and you now have a all year toy that is way more versitile than a Sami...I can put an enclosure on my SxS and have heat, they can be outfitted with a stereo in the roof quite easily...bottom line is the Samurai will be used for 3 maybe 4 months a year, I use my SxS all year long. Way better of an investment, and it will get me and a boat into some fishing holes that you won't get into with the Sami. Take the fun route, they are awesome...and they hold their value quite nicely, but why would I ever sell it?
As far as I understand the side by side is over the weight limit for the muskwa ketchitka, herd conservation had made a guys hire helicopters to lift them out few months back

LYKTOHUNT
08-22-2014, 07:16 PM

I had 2 quads. One for my son, one for me. We hunted together and enjoyed them very much. He's early teen, not yet legal to get his drivers license. The quads got us out spending quality time together having fun. An opportunity came up to get out of the quads. My son suggested a Suzuki to try. I went for it. What I discovered was when we hunt in the Suzuki we talk. We spend hours together some days in the Zuki. It can take teenagers a few hours to let themselves open up. The conversations have been awesome. That couldn't happen when we we were out on 2 quads. Another illegal but great point is once we get off the FSR I let him drive. He's learned to drive the 5 speed manual in my Zuki. He loves it and actually asks often, if we can go again soon so he can drive.

Maybe be this means nothing to you. Depends on where you are in life. For me, and my son? Zuki any day. Life changes. When he moves on one day I may have a quad again. God knows I don't need to spend hours in the Zuki listening to my wife. LOL.
I dig it I get it and totally agree, I was able to get to watch my daughter get her first deer and a great friend of mine was able to do the same, sure we did not need the Zooks but being able to spend the time together in them was awesome, best hunting trip I ever had and I am sure my friend who is a very experienced hunter would agree

dino
08-22-2014, 08:45 PM
What would you rather have and why? My buddy can't decide between a 12000$ sidebyside or 4000$ sidekick that's loaded with off-road accessories (winch, skid plate, mudtires, lift etc) I don't want to be biased as to what I have, so he can read this thread and make his own decision. Thanks

You need to give us more info. Is it for all around fun? is it just for hunting? What kind of hunter is your buddy? What kind of animals does he hunt, Does he have safe storage for a sxs. Is he a father? Does he own a cottage? I cant really think of any more questions right now but whats good for one guy is not good for another.Tell us exactly what he wants it for and we can give you better perspective.
I have owned all three The sazuki is locked up with a 4in lift, it will go pretty much anywhere my sxs will go. My quad will leave my sxs stuck in the first skinny corner on alot of the trails I use,heck my 700 grizzly cant make some of the same corners. For me now a pickup with a small quad in the back is the choice for me. I am not a road hunter and only use the quad as a tool to get me as close as possible to the area I hunt. The sxs is for fun in the good weather for my wife and kids. If I had it my way I would never use the quads or sxs,it would be my suzy, the older I get the less I like getting beat up by the quads and sxs. Until I become a road hunting cut block hiking stay warm in the cab hunter I will be using the tools that are best required for the job and that is what your buddy needs to think about. By the way the tracker will still be worth 4g in a couple of years the sxs wont.

Sofa King
08-22-2014, 08:55 PM
he's actually considering $12,000 on a sidebyside, so howzabout sink that much $$ into modding a suzy?
that thing would go anywhere and do whatever your heart desires.

quaint bucket
08-22-2014, 09:11 PM
If someone came up to me and said, "I got a sidekick with a rust on the body but everything else is good. can i have your pathfinder for it?"

I'd say, "Sure."

OTOH, if someone made the same trade for the SxS/quad, I'd decline because I don't want to buy another truck to haul it out.

604redneck
08-22-2014, 09:27 PM
Could get the fuel economy of a tracker pretty close....12k on a sxs or a tracker with a vw turbo diesel 1.9 I dunno I guess I don't road hunt enough to notice the difference but I'm sure if u added up ur trailer plus insurance plus fuel in the truck to drop off sxs I will still take my tracker I use it to get to the bush cheaply then hike

browningboy
08-22-2014, 09:52 PM
I paid 22k for my side by side ( when the smoke cleared), you sure make a pimped ass Suzuki for that, best thing to remember is to get in far then use your two feet to go farther, they are more hardcore than any machine.

Barracuda
08-22-2014, 10:40 PM
As far as I understand the side by side is over the weight limit for the muskwa ketchitka, herd conservation had made a guys hire helicopters to lift them out few months back

depends on which sxs . 500kg limit on vehicle

the act is for the weight of the atv only not the GVW weight of the atv with passenger and payload .
most any full size quad with max payload and passenger can be over 500kg

http://www.bclaws.ca/Recon/document/ID/freeside/23_187_2003

Sofa King
08-23-2014, 12:16 AM
I paid 22k for my side by side ( when the smoke cleared), you sure make a pimped ass Suzuki for that, best thing to remember is to get in far then use your two feet to go farther, they are more hardcore than any machine.

$22,000???!!!
that's bloody insane.

BimmerBob
08-23-2014, 08:08 AM
A Mitsibushi Pajero like this one:
http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/bnc/cto/4619096892.html
may be the alternative, just as small as a tracker and comes with a diesel from the factory.

browningboy
08-23-2014, 08:16 AM
$22,000???!!!
that's bloody insane.

bud they go to 30k, it is insane, mega mark up, average price is 15k for a side by side, they are pretty cool but there is something to be said for a heater and cab sometimes

Steelwheels
08-23-2014, 09:01 AM
Have never seen a street legal vehicle in where we hunt.. Without a chainsaw and a few cans of fuel and lots of effort the side by side would be parked as well... Our quad tracks are usually the only ones in the 5 or 7 miles into our Hotspot..

dino
08-23-2014, 05:37 PM
Have never seen a street legal vehicle in where we hunt.. Without a chainsaw and a few cans of fuel and lots of effort the side by side would be parked as well... Our quad tracks are usually the only ones in the 5 or 7 miles into our Hotspot..

And the quad tracks stop where my trials bike continues on.

Darksith
08-23-2014, 08:43 PM
I can go anywhere a side by side can go with only 30" bfgs and 2" lift. A side by side might go through something easier but I will still get through with out much fuss. Really really Steep hills is the only place a side by side will go I can't with out using a winch. Between the cost and being able to drive it on the road the Suzuki is sweet especially when the weather turns!!! But get the standard because the auto is gutless with big tires and harder on fuel!!!

i quad will still out do a Suzuki and side by side in my opinion but it's in a different class in my opinion

not a chance you could follow me anywhere I go. My Rhino will out climb you, squeeze through many more trails you can go, and I will float through the deep holes where you will spend all day winching yourself out. You think you could, but I know you couldn't, or keep up to me for that matter.

Darksith
08-23-2014, 08:45 PM

you are talking about quads...guess what, you sit SxS in a SxS...one of the main reasons I bought it. My dad won't drive a quad anymore, but he will ride in my SxS and we have a ton of quality time every fall.

Darksith
08-23-2014, 08:48 PM

there are some models that are not over...and its only dry stock weight, upgrades don't count. I have had conversations with the CO's over this topic. I would recommend carrying the spec's of your vehicle if you are in an area where there are weight restrictions if you are legal to be in there...I did. Another point is that they are thinking about switching it from weight to weight on ground...so if you run tracks and are basically not putting much pressure on the ground you will be fine in the future hopefully. This hasn't happened yet, but it was or is being contemplated.

Darksith
08-23-2014, 08:52 PM

not many trails a quad will go down that a SxS won't...generally people don't cut trail to the inch of their machine...which means a SxS will squeak through...but then sometimes it wont, seen both. Tell me where your trail is, I will see you back there with my SxS ;)

f350ps
08-23-2014, 09:19 PM
I'll bet my Dad can beat up your Dad!!! :) K

dino
08-23-2014, 09:23 PM
not many trails a quad will go down that a SxS won't...generally people don't cut trail to the inch of their machine...which means a SxS will squeak through...but then sometimes it wont, seen both. Tell me where your trail is, I will see you back there with my SxS ;)

ive cut miles and miles of trail and I guarantee that no sxs is going down many of my quad trails. I had to go and open up a bunch of corners because I couldnt get my 700 grizzly through. I dont cut to the inch on purpose either it just happens that way because you try to only cut what you have to. I wish the sxs could make it where my quad goes but just no way, I still kiss to many trees. there is just to much work to fix the corners to make it sxs compatible. most of my trails are in thick timber. In some areas you may be right but not the areas Im in. I have only had one group of quaders find one of my trails and I deactivated it right away so I wont be telling you where they are.:mrgreen:

dino
08-23-2014, 09:24 PM
I'll bet my Dad can beat up your Dad!!! :) K

I bet my junk is bigger than your junk

brig
08-23-2014, 09:39 PM
For me the biggest thing is field of view. If your hunting out of your vehicle, on a quad or side by side you can see freely all around you as opposed to in a tracker or any other truck you've got a cab all around you limiting your view. I've noticed a huge difference in the amount of animals I see on a quad compared to in a truck.

allan
08-23-2014, 09:43 PM
I have a samurai and two 800cc quads,
I bought the Sami for areas that are not open to atvs, it has a Spoa with new gears and 31.5 tires that rides ok with 12 psi.
I typically use the machines to get me to my trailhead.
Both are nice for all the reasons stated in previous posts.

i love driving my Sami as an errand car in town.
To each their own, let's not make this a pi$$ing match.

Sofa King
08-23-2014, 10:05 PM
there are some models that are not over...and its only dry stock weight, upgrades don't count. I have had conversations with the CO's over this topic. I would recommend carrying the spec's of your vehicle if you are in an area where there are weight restrictions if you are legal to be in there...I did. Another point is that they are thinking about switching it from weight to weight on ground...so if you run tracks and are basically not putting much pressure on the ground you will be fine in the future hopefully. This hasn't happened yet, but it was or is being contemplated.

that's kind of cheating the system.
showing the "dry stock weight" specs to prove it's legal when it's clearly not with it's upgrades.
weigh it's actual weight at home, if it's over-weight, leave it at home.

Stone Sheep Steve
08-24-2014, 09:04 AM
For me the biggest thing is field of view. If your hunting out of your vehicle, on a quad or side by side you can see freely all around you as opposed to in a tracker or any other truck you've got a cab all around you limiting your view. I've noticed a huge difference in the amount of animals I see on a quad compared to in a truck.

I have a tin top tracker and its like driving a goldfish bowl. Tonnes of visibility.

Billyisgr8
08-26-2014, 07:57 AM
Go for a older Jeep cherokee ( not grand cherokee unless you want slightly larger and more space than a cherokee). Parts every where, cheaper than a sidekick and tracker( my brother has both and harder to find specific parts used at the auto wreckers, so they usually buy new which brings up the cost every time he has broken something). He's in the lower mainland and not many good parts vehicles around) He found a parts vehicle on craigslist and it was still $1000. Jeeps are very capable off road, huge aftermarket. Can turn the jeep into a pick-up if wanting too. Gas milage is not as great as a suzuki but still 12 litres per 100 kms highway cruising in the older ones, break less parts, comes with limited slip front and rear if you get quadra drive, and 1 tire WILL pull you out if other 3 are spinning stuck. I get 10.4 litres per 100 in my 2000 grand cherokee with a 4.0 engine. A budget 2 " lift ( less than $100) will get you lots of ground clearance and be able to fit large tires with nothing else for even more ground clearance. Can turn around on a dime. I feel a jeep is more capable and a better driver than a sidekick/tracker, and not much larger footprint.

Example heres one on kijiji http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/victoria-bc/must-go-jeep-cherokee/1009386769?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

If driving far and long distances, you will love the jeep more than a sidekick cause the ride in the sidekick is like riding in a wagon over all the road joints and potholes on forest service roads. I have neck problems, and 3 hours riding in a sidekick above harrison one time I had a wicked headache and my neck was killing me. My jeep on the other hand is like a cadilac on the forest roads. I'll take the cherokee

Darksith
08-26-2014, 10:55 AM
that's kind of cheating the system.
showing the "dry stock weight" specs to prove it's legal when it's clearly not with it's upgrades.
weigh it's actual weight at home, if it's over-weight, leave it at home.
those are the CO's words, not mine, and I have them in writing. There is no quad out there that will remain under 500kg limit once you put a 80-100kg person on it, all your gear on it, a bunch of fuel in it, a whole lot of mud all over it, and chunk of moose meat on the back of it. So whats the difference? Its a silly rule that limits how you can get into an area, and really does nothing to protect the ecosystem. A moron can tear up the ground with a 400cc quad as easily as a dude in a small truck can. And my SxS with tracks on it has a much softer footprint on the ground than any quad with tires, don't matter how small it is, so why shouldn't I be allowed into an area if my machine is setup to leave no marks?