PDA

View Full Version : Vernon Fish and Game Club needs your help!

Triggerman
03-07-2007, 09:21 PM
The 80 year old Vernon Fish and Game Club needs your support. Local government has "slid" us off our 52 year old facility and we need to buy land and move the Club no later that December 2008 for our 580+ members. We desperately need any donations you can throw our way. Cash, Guns, accessories, anything we can easily turn into cash would be greatly appreciated. If we don't raise funds, we may have to throw in the towel and I'm doing everything I can to prevent that.

We have a banquet planned for March 17 and we have a live auction so any items that would sell at the auction would be great!

Next time it could be your club!

Thanks for any help you can offer.

http://www.vfgc.ca

Bigbuckadams
03-08-2007, 06:20 AM
As a former long time Vernon resident, I find this very unfortunate. I try to keep updated on the local news, but didn't hear of the range closure. Has that area been developed that much? I have quite a few memories from there, went up with guys from work, friends & then there was the after-grad....Oh, to ring the gong....just one more time :lol: .

Triggerman
03-09-2007, 08:33 PM
It hold some great memories for me too. I learned to shoot at the indoor range with a .22 and peeps. The property we are on is now in the hands of surrounding landowners and we are on a fixed lease until the end of 2008 . The other neighbour is Predator Ridge Golf course who have been fine as I understand (we've been there 40 years + longer of course).

Try and imagine a harder job than a range relocation in the hottest Real Estate market in Canada - I can't.

We need all the help we can get!

http://www.vfgc.ca

Will
03-09-2007, 09:40 PM
Unfortunate and a Shame...a sign of the times :|
Well worth a Bump8)

Rainwater
03-10-2007, 11:58 AM
Can you fill us in more on why this happened, condos, lease run out, native issues, neighbours etc.

sealevel
03-10-2007, 01:02 PM
I had heard last year that the coldstream ranch was donateing a piece of property . Has that fell through

Triggerman
03-10-2007, 10:09 PM
Suffice to say there never has been any discussions of ranch land donations brought forward!

Be assured that every avenue that was available was diligently pursued but now we need help, and lots of it.

sealevel
03-13-2007, 05:26 PM
At the next F+G meeting i will put a motion to shoot you guys a donation.

Triggerman
03-13-2007, 05:41 PM
Roger that, and thanks a lot!