Guys
Bow only season: Can I use a crossbow?
Thanks

igojuone
08-21-2014, 05:22 AM
Yes you can.

bc_buckshot
08-21-2014, 06:29 AM
Nope...... Crossbow is not allowed and illegal. Plus there ment for sissys.

Riverbc
08-21-2014, 07:09 AM
Yes, In BC you can.

russm86
08-21-2014, 08:31 AM
Nope...... Crossbow is not allowed and illegal. Plus there ment for sissys.

LOL... What about the old guys with worn out shoulders that can't use a real bow anymore... I'm sure I will be joining that group eventually after having had a couple broken collar bones now, one which was never reset properly thanks to our genius doctors... It already clicks and pops and feels pretty sore after a day of shooting the compound bow...

steveo
08-21-2014, 08:49 PM
If my shoulders get that sore that I couldn't make a low poundage bow with 80 percent let-off work for me I would probably throw in the towel. Every crossbow I have picked up is heavy as hell and I don't think they hold an advantage over a newer compound bow.

russm86
08-22-2014, 07:48 AM
If my shoulders get that sore that I couldn't make a low poundage bow with 80 percent let-off work for me I would probably throw in the towel. Every crossbow I have picked up is heavy as hell and I don't think they hold an advantage over a newer compound bow.

No, but they are easier on the shoulder as you don't have to hold it drawn, it does it for you, also you can use a rest or bipod/tripod to help hold it up and steady, and last but not least there are mechanisms to assist in cocking like the pulley string things or even the hand cranks. I have been trying to get my dad to shoot crossbow so he can join me in archery season.

bc_buckshot
08-22-2014, 08:06 AM
LOL... What about the old guys with worn out shoulders that can't use a real bow anymore... I'm sure I will be joining that group eventually after having had a couple broken collar bones now, one which was never reset properly thanks to our genius doctors... It already clicks and pops and feels pretty sore after a day of shooting the compound bow...

When you pass a certain age in life, you are exempt from the sissyness and everything is legal i guess.

bochunk2000
08-26-2014, 06:17 PM
Yes you are but don't let anybody know cuz we've all got an opinion. Hahahaha Make sure the story say wooden stick bow you fashioned yourself with one hand cuz the deer bit off yer other one. Just havin fun...