PDA

View Full Version : Clarification of bow only cow elk 4-24,25

sparky300winmag
08-20-2014, 06:43 PM
As I read the regs, it says there is a cow elk bow only season in 4-24,4-25 Sept.1-19 . The asterisk is only on *4-2. Is this correct or does that asterisk mean on ALL the zones and use D7 map??

sparky300winmag
08-22-2014, 04:52 AM
well I see many of you have read this and not one reply, not even a negative one which surprises me. Either its a very stupid question or no one knows the answer. I will try to contact the local CO.

j270wsm
08-22-2014, 06:11 AM
Generally there will be an asterisk in front of each mu if it apply's to them, but in this case map D7 shows that the hunt able area only covers portions of each mu.

J_T
08-22-2014, 06:41 AM
The hunt you are referring to is the bow only (BOS) antlerless elk opportunity and this hunt is restricted to the agricultural zone only. Below 1100 metres, as defined in map D7.

Historically the creators of the hunting regs only put the asterik at the start of the line of MU's, unless there are different MU's with different rules/conditions. I think with the most recent changes in the regs regarding spikes, they applied the asteric to each MU hoping to be more clear. And it probably causes more confusion.

uraarchr
08-22-2014, 12:25 PM
Lack of asterixs on some mu's in the updates idicates to me that there not ag land also? Who do we contact who was in on the reg change to find out?

J_T
08-22-2014, 01:46 PM
Lack of asterixs on some mu's in the updates idicates to me that there not ag land also? Who do we contact who was in on the reg change to find out? Regulations evolve over time. It would be better perhaps if they used an *(4-2 to 4-5, etc, etc). I wouldn't call the CO's, I've found way to frequently they don't know. I would call the regional wildlife biologists who set the regs and are clear with the intent of the regs. Tara.Szkorupa@gov.bc.ca

There was a time when harmonization and simplification was the objective. We used to put a symbol at the front of the list of MU's and that was sufficient.