PDA

View Full Version : Cluxewe River

jonz
08-20-2014, 05:46 PM
Anybody fish this river or the sea in front of it? I will be camping up that way in early Sept. Not sure if any salmon will still be running in that area then.

Sitkaspruce
08-20-2014, 08:03 PM
Tail end of the pinks and some coho will be showing up along the beach. Also, fishing off Lady Ellen Pt can be good for coho on a flood tide.

if you have a small boat or can fish off the beach with waders, and are up for a small road trip, head over to Rupert Arm at the head of Quatsino for some pretty good coho fishing.

Good luck

Cheers

SS

steel_ram
08-20-2014, 08:07 PM
Early September for Coho's. Humpies should be done and stinky by then.

markomoose
08-21-2014, 03:06 AM
Tail end of the pinks and some coho will be showing up along the beach. Also, fishing off Lady Ellen Pt can be good for coho on a flood tide.

if you have a small boat or can fish off the beach with waders, and are up for a small road trip, head over to Rupert Arm at the head of Quatsino for some pretty good coho fishing.

Good luck

Cheers

SS
Happy birthday Sitkaspruce!Enjoy!

jonz
08-21-2014, 06:13 AM
Cool thanks

steel_ram
08-30-2014, 08:49 AM
Just got back. Aug 29. Never seen so many pinks. The entire length of the beach is hopping with pinks. Amazingly some are still ocean bright. I also manages to catch a couple of coho mingling amongst the black swarms of humpies.

Salty
08-31-2014, 09:35 PM
A fellow I know's been camping there every year for a long time and he said this was by far the best year for pinks. Was through Pt Hardy today there's a slough of them there still too.

Opinionated Ol Phart
09-01-2014, 10:38 AM
Every year when there are good numbers of pinks in the Clux, some nice halibut are taken fishing shallow using pinks for bait.. One guy I know filleted his pinks and used the frames for hali bait and he did very well

BlacktailStalker
09-01-2014, 12:46 PM
Every year when there are good numbers of pinks in the Clux, some nice halibut are taken fishing shallow using pinks for bait.. One guy I know filleted his pinks and used the frames for hali bait and he did very well

Cool, good idea but makes sense !

Sitkaspruce
09-01-2014, 07:53 PM
We used a big circle hook, pink salmon head and just bounced along the bottom in 50-80' of water. The biggest problem is the weather, the tides and wind can play havoc with your gear and fishing.

Cheers

SS