PDA

View Full Version : Sightron scopes

Everett
03-07-2007, 05:48 PM
Just had a great exsperiance with the warrenty department at sightron and thought I would pass on the story to everyone.
I purchased one of there scopes four years ago on a trip down south and have been very happy with it ever since. But last year due to my own stupidty I scratched up the glass of the eyepeice. I called there head office in North Carolina and asked if there was any way of polishing the scratches out. They told me to send it to them and they would have alook at it. With nothing to lose I shipped it off. Well today two weeks after I shipped it to them a brand new scope arrived at my door. I called them to ask why( and to thank them) and they said they coudn't fix my scatches so they had given me a complimentry one at no cost to me. I have to say I will be purchasing there products in the future after this demonstration of customer service.

scuba
03-07-2007, 05:57 PM
i have heard nothing but good about sightron, but hard to find anywhere that sells them? how do you find the scope in hunting conditions?

Everett
03-07-2007, 07:40 PM
I find them better than the nikon and bushnell scopes I have. Realy good in low light situations seem to transmit a lot of light. There very popular south of the border, the shop I got mine from in Utah said they were outselling the leupold's two to one just based on there over the counter warrenty. I was planning on buying a leupold for another rifle this year but after this exsperiance I will be buying another sightron.

thatskindafunny
03-07-2007, 08:44 PM
hmmm, I sent my Leupold scope back to the factory for warranty work on Jan. 10th. 3 weeks later I get a letter saying that I need an Import License. So sent back east for one and 3 weeks later get it in the mail and then send it to Leupold. So that's been 2 weeks already and still no scope. That is not kindafunny. May have to look into the scope mentioned in the near future.

eastkoot
03-07-2007, 08:50 PM
For leupold, send it to Okotoks Alberta. I haven't got the address but you can get it from Leupold site on the net. Jusy sent one there for clarity problems and they redid the entire scope free of charge and I received it within 2 weeks..
LEUPOLD PRODUCT SERVICE — CANADA
phone number (403) 938-3255

scuba
03-07-2007, 09:21 PM
i had an old leupold vx-II 2-7x from probably the early 80's, a couple years ago it had something loose inside it and i sent it to leupold and within 6 weeks they had it back to be completely rebuild, its on my 270 mountain rifle and i havent missed yet.so i'm sure they will come through.

ohno
03-07-2007, 09:52 PM
I had a Tasco World Class 4x40 bought in the early 1990's that had the cross hairs go blurry on them. I sent the scope back to Tasco in the US just before Christmas last year. 2 months later I got a new 3-9x40 in the mail. Not a bad trade for a 15yr old scope.

Say what you want about Tasco, but I respect that kind of service.

elkster
03-08-2007, 09:36 PM
I've got a sightron scope too. Bought it in Campbell river at tyee marine sports. Good price, and the optics are really good. Equals my lepy vx11.:smile:

30-06
03-08-2007, 09:52 PM
same thing with my ipod lol...iv had them send me 3 new ones.first one my bro broke under warrenty..next 2 were not.i called them up within half hour i have it already to ship.2 weeks later had a new one.that kinda service.especially when your out of warrenty i appreciate.

BANG!
03-08-2007, 10:26 PM
just in case you guys are interested .... http://www.sightron.com/

neat story Everett

TRACKnTRAIL
03-14-2007, 10:01 AM
I have a pair of sightron Bino's that I picked up at Bartons in Grande Prairie a couple years ago.I have been very happy with them. Last year they slipped out of my hands and the adjustable eye piece broke. I sent them to sightron to be fixed and they sent me a brand new pair.